Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumpers

Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 AM
DTS
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More Brawler Lite customer photos! Thanks everyone for sending these in or posting them on our Facebook!

Thanks to Vincent Ragsdale for this one...

This one's from Phillip Irwin...

Awesome muddy action shot from David Fitzpatrick:

Clint Wilson sent us another killer shot of his rig running the Brawler Lite:

Thanks to Brian Clevenger for this one in the snow:

Another great snow shot, this one from Andrew Litz:

Thanks to Chris Meehan for this one...

Here's a nice shot from Tim Herring...
Old 12-16-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Where/Who is the best person to go through on ordering products? I'm rubbing pennies together on my jeep build. Also the BFH with brawler bar and shackle tabs is a lot cheaper than the brawler lite. What's the major differences? I see the BFH doesn't have the slots for the fog lights, anything else?

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:55 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289
Where/Who is the best person to go through on ordering products? I'm rubbing pennies together on my jeep build. Also the BFH with brawler bar and shackle tabs is a lot cheaper than the brawler lite. What's the major differences? I see the BFH doesn't have the slots for the fog lights, anything else?

Thanks.
There's just a lot less to the BFH bumper compared to the Brawler Lite. Less material, less work to build it. Therefore less cost. Keep in mind though, the BFH requires some surgery to your frame. If you're not willing to do that, it takes the BFH out of the running.

We recommend purchasing through whatever Authorized Poison Spyder Dealer you're most comfortable doing business with. We appreciate your need to find the best deal but you'll find that we hold all of our dealers to a very strict minimum pricing policy, as we do not allow under-cutting and price wars on our products. That helps preserve a level playing field for everyone who sells our products, small shops and large dealers alike. But you will find some dealers that offer other incentives such as free shipping, other goodies they throw in, etc. You'll have to do that research on your own though, as it would be unfair of me to recommend specific dealers. But if you are a proud member of this forum perhaps you might start by looking at those Poison Spyder dealers who are also supporters of this forum. Of course you can also purchase directly through Poison Spyder, but you'll find that our prices also do not undercut our dealers, although we do have a couple of small incentives running right now (see our website home page for details). Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DTS
There's just a lot less to the BFH bumper compared to the Brawler Lite. Less material, less work to build it. Therefore less cost. Keep in mind though, the BFH requires some surgery to your frame. If you're not willing to do that, it takes the BFH out of the running.

We recommend purchasing through whatever Authorized Poison Spyder Dealer you're most comfortable doing business with. We appreciate your need to find the best deal but you'll find that we hold all of our dealers to a very strict minimum pricing policy, as we do not allow under-cutting and price wars on our products. That helps preserve a level playing field for everyone who sells our products, small shops and large dealers alike. But you will find some dealers that offer other incentives such as free shipping, other goodies they throw in, etc. You'll have to do that research on your own though, as it would be unfair of me to recommend specific dealers. But if you are a proud member of this forum perhaps you might start by looking at those Poison Spyder dealers who are also supporters of this forum. Of course you can also purchase directly through Poison Spyder, but you'll find that our prices also do not undercut our dealers, although we do have a couple of small incentives running right now (see our website home page for details). Thanks!
Awesome! A lot of good info thanks.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThePeaches289

Awesome! A lot of good info thanks.
Northridge is who I would recommend free shipping and best customer service and pretty fast shipping
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bumper

I am looking at getting your Brawler Lite bumper. But I am undecided on going with the plate steel or the DOM tubing. Is there a big difference between the two? I guess strength would be about it. Also, what is the weight of the bumper. I have a stock 2013 JKUR and not sure if I put it on will the suspension droop much or should I wait till I get a lift on it? Thanks!

By the way... Great Products!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by CCTX50
I am looking at getting your Brawler Lite bumper. But I am undecided on going with the plate steel or the DOM tubing. Is there a big difference between the two? I guess strength would be about it. Also, what is the weight of the bumper. I have a stock 2013 JKUR and not sure if I put it on will the suspension droop much or should I wait till I get a lift on it? Thanks!

By the way... Great Products!!!
The tube gussets are stronger but its a measure of strength that will be extremely rare to ever be tested. The plate gussets are as strong as would ever be needed in that application, in 99% of situations. So really its a matter of aesthetics, choose whichever one you like the looks of best. The only other caveat is that if you run a Warn Powerplant winch, it will require a little bit of modification to work with the tube gussets (you have to open up the winch mount holes a little and move the winch backward slightly). The Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar weighs 74 lbs.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTS

The tube gussets are stronger but its a measure of strength that will be extremely rare to ever be tested. The plate gussets are as strong as would ever be needed in that application, in 99% of situations. So really its a matter of aesthetics, choose whichever one you like the looks of best. The only other caveat is that if you run a Warn Powerplant winch, it will require a little bit of modification to work with the tube gussets (you have to open up the winch mount holes a little and move the winch backward slightly). The Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar weighs 74 lbs.
Thanks for the quick response.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumpers