Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Smittybilt SRC Cage Bolt on Cage Kits, 97-06 TJ Wrangler, 07-13 JK Wrangler

Old 07-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt SRC Cage Bolt on Cage Kits, 97-06 TJ Wrangler, 07-13 JK Wrangler

Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit

The all new reinforced cage kits come with everything you'll need to strengthen your factory roll bar into a solid foundation if a roll over takes place. We start off with 1020 .120 Wall DOM tubing which is one of the strongest material available. Each kit includes the new Knuckle System that attaches to the factory roll bar, using a unique pivot and fastening point which will be one of the strongest and the most solid mounts available for your Jeep®. All of our cages were engineered to bolt-in and require no modifications to the vehicle to ensure a rock solid install while creating the strongest cages kit available. CAGE KIT - OVERHEAD -Main bars over drive passenger section feature a GEAR cover to provide extra storage space. CAGE KIT - BUILT-IN GRAB HANDLE-Built in grad handles provide easy entry and exit points when getting in and out your vehicle.
- Manufactured from 1020 .120 Wall DOM
- The Knuckle attaches using a unique pivot on one end and grade 10 fasteners on the other. Making it one of the strongest mounts available!
- Finished in a satin black powder coat and comes with a 5 year limited warranty
- No drill installation
- Works with all soft goods, factory and aftermarket tops
- Front down bars have built in tubular grab handles
- Main bars over driver/passenger section features a GEAR cover to provide extra storage space
- Requires modification to factory roll bar covers

Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit, 6 Piece, Gloss Black, 2007-2010 Jeep JK Wrangler 4 Door Unlimited
Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit, 6 Piece, Gloss Black, 2011-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler 4 Door Unlimited

Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit, 5 Piece, Gloss Black, 2007-2010 Jeep JK Wrangler 2 Door
Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit, 5 Piece, Gloss Black, 2011-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler 2 Door

Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit, 7 Piece, Gloss Black, 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler
Old 07-26-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

can you give any close up shots of the mounting near the dashboard? What about a close up of some of the joints? I've only seen the "far and away" veiws of this kit never the close up veiw of how it mounts near the dash and what it mounts to. Poision spider, Or-fab, etc... have the front mount go to the floor. River raider and others mount it in different places. The pics never show it as close as one would like to see it!

Same with their hard top... no pics anywhere of how it installed, how it fits, what it looks like inside... what are used for mounts....

Just saying... it would help to be able to see these things when considering them as an option for our jeeps....
Old 07-27-2013, 06:25 AM
Former Vendor

Default Smittybilt SRC Cage Kit

Excellent points.

We are planning on installing one of these cage kits in our JK. We will post pictures of the install including all the tie in locations once the installation is completed.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also the photo for the 2-door JK kit is a 4-door.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tgrt
Also the photo for the 2-door JK kit is a 4-door.
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I will get that corrected.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor

Get your Cage Kit at JEEP Parts | JEEP Accessories | BASELINE 4X4 YJ TJ JK Wrangler CJ
Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Former Vendor

Get your Smittybilt products at JEEP Parts | JEEP Accessories | BASELINE 4X4 YJ TJ JK Wrangler CJ today
Old 10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Did you ever put this on the Jeep? Take pics?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

You mentioned in this thread that you were installing one of these cages and that you would update us with the pics. Did you know there is not one review of this cage online! Does it mount to the floor... Etc... I am personally leaning towards another cage design... But who knows... Maybe this one is done right too? Someone some day will buy one and post pics of the product and installation. But no way can a consumer buy a product that there is no detailed information on that is supposed to help protect his life! A cage will most likely be my next upgrade... So do you have any comments or pics on the one you installed in your jeep? I am leaning towards poly or river raider weld in....
Old 03-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
You mentioned in this thread that you were installing one of these cages and that you would update us with the pics. Did you know there is not one review of this cage online! Does it mount to the floor... Etc... I am personally leaning towards another cage design... But who knows... Maybe this one is done right too? Someone some day will buy one and post pics of the product and installation. But no way can a consumer buy a product that there is no detailed information on that is supposed to help protect his life! A cage will most likely be my next upgrade... So do you have any comments or pics on the one you installed in your jeep? I am leaning towards poly or river raider weld in....
I have not ordered my cage yet. It has gotten crazy busy around here and I have not had a chance to finish my installs from last year, so i have not ordered a cage until I finish last years projects.

Jarod

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Cage Bolt on Cage Kits, 97-06 TJ Wrangler, 07-13 JK Wrangler