Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Sponsor Discounts

Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sponsor Discounts

Anyone know of any sponsors or dealers giving discouts to JK-Forum members??? Many other boards list coupon codes & member discounts($$$) for their vehicles. I havn't seen any for this one so far.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It really depends what you are looking for MFG's have made it so that we cant discount our prices anymore than they already are so it is hard. We offer free shipping on anything over $100 and that saves you a ton of money depending on what you buy.

David
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

That sounds like a great plan and a winner for all involved.

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
It really depends what you are looking for MFG's have made it so that we cant discount our prices anymore than they already are so it is hard. We offer free shipping on anything over $100 and that saves you a ton of money depending on what you buy.

David

I'm sorry, but I have to call a little B.S. on this statement unless you are refering to MFG's putting a base selling price on their items, I know some do that, BFG for instance. Anyway, a while back I was looking at the Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. One of our Sponsors was advertising it on here for like $659-$699 (in that range) shipped free while there are many, many other places that are selling the same winch for much less including one that was selling for $559 shipped free. Now, if our sponsor's margins are that tight, and they can't afford to create a very large and loyal customer base (by giving forum members a discount), then they need to do some renegotiaing with their vendors to become competitive or they may not be sponsors for long anyway (meaning out of business). Being in retail (sort of), I can tell you that 5-10% to forum members is reasonable, in my opinion. If you're too small and don't get good vendor discounts, don't paticipate. Just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-08-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I'm sorry, but I have to call a little B.S. on this statement unless you are refering to MFG's putting a base selling price on their items, I know some do that, BFG for instance. Anyway, a while back I was looking at the Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. One of our Sponsors was advertising it on here for like $659-$699 (in that range) shipped free while there are many, many other places that are selling the same winch for much less including one that was selling for $559 shipped free. Now, if our sponsor's margins are that tight, and they can't afford to create a very large and loyal customer base (by giving forum members a discount), then they need to do some renegotiaing with their vendors to become competitive or they may not be sponsors for long anyway (meaning out of business). Being in retail (sort of), I can tell you that 5-10% to forum members is reasonable, in my opinion. If you're too small and don't get good vendor discounts, don't paticipate. Just my .02, take it for what it's worth

Nice call BS all you want. The fact of the matter is that the margins are very tight and we get the deepest discounts. Yes some lines are better than others but for the most part we are working on 10% margins. Our Shipping bill for the first qaurter of the year was over $150,000. Free shipping is a hell of a deal for the customer and IMHO an easier way to discount items.

David
Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Margins in the offroad market is very small. Like what Northridge said right around 10% give or take. Plus a lot of MFG's have a MAP (minimun advertised pricing) which restricts the vendors, and thats why they will offer free shipping on some items, in some respect giving the consumer a pretty resaonable discount depending on the item.

Another thing you will notice is that many vendors may not stock the item you need and have to either get it directly from the MFG or a warehouse distributer to save on overhead, who wants to stock an item that will sit on the shelves for few weeks or longer.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Margins in the offroad market is very small. Like what Northridge said right around 10% give or take. Plus a lot of MFG's have a MAP (minimun advertised pricing) which restricts the vendors, and thats why they will offer free shipping on some items, in some respect giving the consumer a pretty resaonable discount depending on the item.

Another thing you will notice is that many vendors may not stock the item you need and have to either get it directly from the MFG or a warehouse distributer to save on overhead, who wants to stock an item that will sit on the shelves for few weeks or longer.

It really is a tough business to be in to be honest. Everybody seems to want to give stuff away and not make any money period. There is alot of competition in this market and it really comes down to customer service and if you have the product in stock.

We stock a ton of product and ship the same day on alot of items. The JK market is so new and so busy it is very hard to stock products they sell to quickly and the MFG's cant keep up.

We also used to have a 5% coupon code and exactly what redrock said to many people complained and We did not like giving some people a discount and not others. So we originally came out with the free shipping over $100 and others have followed or still complained.

We try and offer as many specials and sicounts as we can but to many times the MFG's get whined to and we have to stop it.

David
Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with our sponsors. Having been in the camera retail biz for quite a while, I know that manufacturers can get REALLY uptight about their MAP (min. ad. price). That is why you see so many places offering things like a free gift card with purchase or some such gimmick. Personally, considering the shipping costs at many retailers, I think that free shipping is a GREAT deal!

As for having something for being a member of this forum, isn't having the ability to even ask these questions and get a response from the retailers/manufacturers themselves enough of a bonus?

(Considering the amount of traffic and bandwidth usage this site receives, I doubt that Eddie/WOL could or would keep it going w/out their sponsorships. We should be thankful that we even have this forum. The info here has already saved me hundreds of $$$)

.......stepping down off the soapbox, now......
Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by redrock4x4

My 2 cents of course, no hard feelings, I just felt it’s time for me to respond to you since you keep bringing this up.

Best Regards,
Jason

First off then, glad that I'm not in you and Northridge's market, second, I think you have me confused with someone else. I was looking at the winch at that time but so was someone else,but I wasn't the one that drilled you about the price( his question got deleted from the thread) I haven't kept bring up anything. This is the first time that I' myself have mentioned it. No hard feelings, everyone makes mistakes.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 2 questions:

So does this mean military discounts are out of the question?

and wheres the popcorn for the battle royal
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by redrock4x4
Gotcha, my mistake.

Either way I felt that needed clarification as we were mentioned again .
No problem, but I didn't mention you and didn't remember it was you, so I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I just remember the thread and the member.

Quick Reply: Sponsor Discounts