Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Superchips needs 3 07-09 manual trans JK owners for beta testing this afternoon

Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just to give an update on the testing. the pedal settings work as described! i actually prefer the moderate setting. the stock is stock, and the SC is the one thats notchy feeling. overall i think the issue is resolved and SC should release the tune!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
just to give an update on the testing. the pedal settings work as described! i actually prefer the moderate setting. the stock is stock, and the SC is the one thats notchy feeling. overall i think the issue is resolved and SC should release the tune!!
See.....I knew you'd like it
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
See.....I knew you'd like it
yea i do!!!
i honestly am gonna keep running it. its better for me than the stocker!
what r your feelings on it since you drive alot more than me!??
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

I love it.....I think the moderate setting gives it a more "natural" feel if that makes sense. Its easy to smoothly modulate the throttle at slow speeds, but you still get the instant kick in the pants when you put your foot into it. Its almost effortless. The stock setting was OK, but I hated having to slam my foot all the way to the floor to get the acceleration I wanted. By the time I realized I didn't have the pedal down far enough, it was too late and I had already lost momentum. Then I would have to downshift to get the acceleration I wanted. I hate rowing through gears for simple highway manuvers.

I am leaving mine on the 87 tune with the pedal set to moderate. I think it really improved the overall driveability. This is what the Jeep should have felt like from the factory. Actually, I still curse Chrysler for deciding on this engine and 3.21 gear combination, but having the flashpack set like this made it much more enjoyable to drive.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
I love it.....I think the moderate setting gives it a more "natural" feel if that makes sense. Its easy to smoothly modulate the throttle at slow speeds, but you still get the instant kick in the pants when you put your foot into it. Its almost effortless. The stock setting was OK, but I hated having to slam my foot all the way to the floor to get the acceleration I wanted. By the time I realized I didn't have the pedal down far enough, it was too late and I had already lost momentum. Then I would have to downshift to get the acceleration I wanted. I hate rowing through gears for simple highway manuvers.

I am leaving mine on the 87 tune with the pedal set to moderate. I think it really improved the overall driveability. This is what the Jeep should have felt like from the factory. Actually, I still curse Chrysler for deciding on this engine and 3.21 gear combination, but having the flashpack set like this made it much more enjoyable to drive.
i totally agree!!! i have the 4.10's in mine.. i can only imagine it with the lower.. u should re gear!! lol
Old 06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

I will eventually regear, but I have a lot of other stuff I need to address first.......like decent tires and a lift.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW guys, I was just on the Superchips forum and theres a post there from Ron...

Firmware Revision 1.21.01 has the pedal response feature. This will allow the customer to select a Pedal Map of their choosing. It's under Advanced Tune->Options->Pedal Response.

Have the customers update and they will receive the new firmware with this feature in it.

Looks like the lurchiness fix is available for download. Now let's see if they can get the pinging issue many seem to be having solved.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Adam3612
FWIW guys, I was just on the Superchips forum and theres a post there from Ron...

Firmware Revision 1.21.01 has the pedal response feature. This will allow the customer to select a Pedal Map of their choosing. It's under Advanced Tune->Options->Pedal Response.

Have the customers update and they will receive the new firmware with this feature in it.

Looks like the lurchiness fix is available for download. Now let's see if they can get the pinging issue many seem to be having solved.
Good to know! I will probably not jack with it, I like how mine's been driving lately. Towing tune on 91 has kept me pretty happy, rig seems to be 'happier' on the highway than with the 87 with 89 or the 91 performance tune.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Good to know! I will probably not jack with it, I like how mine's been driving lately. Towing tune on 91 has kept me pretty happy, rig seems to be 'happier' on the highway than with the 87 with 89 or the 91 performance tune.
I read a post you made somewhere else that you were still having issues with the pinging using 89 octane with the 87 tune? My rig is only gonna be happier when I re-gear in a couple of weeks, the superchips is a nice product but contrary to what some may think its no fix for bigger tires.

Last edited by Adam3612; 06-16-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I read a post you made somewhere else that you were still having issues with the pinging using 89 octane with the 87 tune? My rig is only gonna be happier when I re-gear in a couple of weeks, the superchips is a nice product but contrary to what some may think its no fix for bigger tires.
Nope, never had pinging with the 89oct on the 87 tune. Just tried the 91 Tow for kicks.

Quick Reply: Superchips needs 3 07-09 manual trans JK owners for beta testing this afternoon