Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Trouble w/ Hypertech post here

Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moabjk072d
Glad they got you taken care of, I reread your problem and we actually had different issues. Mine was stuck in second gear (limp mode) and would not shift up or down.

lol well they were pretty close anyways. Thanks for all the advice and trying to help me out. You were definitely right tough, once you get it worked out its definitely worth it.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

My jeep now enters in the winch mode running my rpm's up to 1800 when i am just idling while driving. What should i do or do you think it has something to do with the alternator/battery
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
My jeep now enters in the winch mode running my rpm's up to 1800 when i am just idling while driving. What should i do or do you think it has something to do with the alternator/battery

That's funny, mine is the opposite. winch mode has never come on on either of my JK's.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

That's funny, mine is the opposite. winch mode has never come on on either of my JK's.
Well dont think its my programmer. My alternator just burned up so im thinking that has something to do with it.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Do you have dual batteries ? Have you done a extended winch pull since install? My winch idle takes a moment to kick in as well since my new battery. Call me on my cell when you and your programmer are in the jeep and we can check settings. 901-481-5120 Jay
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Default Jeep Features

Hypertech's All New Jeep Features Explained - YouTubeClick image for larger version

Name:	homepageJEEP-JK.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	370899

Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Anyone finding this working consistantly?

All I get on threads on this forum if I look up hypertech max energy... are refereces to problems and updates that are pending to fix the controler?

I would like to have one to use with a viper throttle body... stock one shorted out, so I thought I would try the viper one... and then possibly add this programer to the mix.

But there is little posted on how this has played out? Are you all up and running well now? Or did you sell it and return to stock?

330-380 dollars is a lot of bucks for something giving people so many problems. At least in my world...

I love the sound of the winch feature, the throttle body feature, the 4lo feature, gears and tire size... etc... But will I have something consistant and reliable? I have a pro-cal I bought and I've never had an issue with needing to constantly return to stock, and constantly updating the unit to get it to work right?

It sounds like great customer service fro mthem for most of you, but does the product work good for you now?

I would love to have increase mpg... and performance... but don't want a headache?

ARE THESE UNITS OPERATING RIGHT -for those using them now? do we still have a lot of pending software updates to make it all work... or is it updated and ready to run out of the box now?

I'm not trying to be a "downer" on the thread. Just wondering if it is working well in the new unit and programing yet?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

hey guys, has anybody forgot to set back to stock before taking the JK to the dealer? i'm getting an error62, unable to unlock vehicle computer. any ideas?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Are these problems fixed yet in what they are shipping out? Or is it still a "fix" as you go sort of thing?

Quick Reply: Trouble w/ Hypertech post here