Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Two NEW OR-Fab Products

Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yhudson
That item is "in the works". They are planning on doing the proto-type on my jeep, which will be back this coming Sunday. The R&D guys will have it until the next Rubicon (Aug 16), to get something in place to test. Let Jake know when you'll be ready to test a proto-type and he'll get you lined up.

Thanks!
Yates
That's too cool! I'll get in touch with Jake thanks Yates!!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the cage doesnt require any welding? looks cool!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Dig the cage... very interested
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick question here. The stock sport bar also provides some additional support for the windshield, is there decrease in rigidity of the windshield without that bolt on?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet Cage!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by glennco
Quick question here. The stock sport bar also provides some additional support for the windshield, is there decrease in rigidity of the windshield without that bolt on?
I believe the last photo shows the bracket that the windshield bolts to.

I'm definitely interested in this cage also.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kinda looks like the OEM window supports would still be used,? does this cage sit just inside of them?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default JK Sport Cage

Glennco our sport cage also bolts to the windshield to maintain the stock rigidity of the veichicle. The windshield bracket is constructed of 3/16" plate that is laser cut and bent in one of our CNC press breaks. What’s cool about the windshield bracket is if you want to lay open the windshield our bracket will also unbolt from the sport cage to give you a cleaner look.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Do you not need the bars that go between the sound bar and the windshield? Any pictures with the windshield up and of how it mounts to the sound bar? Also do you have anything going from the sound bar to the rear cage crossmember? Sorry for all of the questions but I was just about to order the rockhard cage. I think I may have to wait!!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default JK Sport Cage

Our Sport Cage windshield bracket/mount is bolted to our sport cage and then bolts into the stock location on the windshield side. This can be easily unbolted so that you can open and close the windshield.

The bars at the top of the cage in the center our called streamer bars they add additional support to the sport cage. This is the same as our TJ sport cage. All you do is drill a couple of hole and use our self tapping bolts.

I will post more pitchers as we go so everyone will understand the construction of our Sport cage. The sport cage is out of the jeep right now. We are welding the dash bar in place and sending back to powder coat.

When we put the sport cage back in I will get better photos of what you guys want to see.

Quick Reply: Two NEW OR-Fab Products