Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Two NEW OR-Fab Products

Old 07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two NEW OR-Fab Products

For those that did the Rubicon this past weekend this is probably old news. For those of us that had to work... The first photo is the new Rock Armour that accommodates our Rock Sliders. I'll have photos of the 4 door version when I get my jeep back from it's current outing (sometime next week). The plate is 3/16" thick.

Our Sport Cage is our biggest selling sku in the YJ and TJ lines. For those of you that read 4Wheel & SUV you're probably familar with Phil Howell. He refers to our sport cages as a "Life Saver" because he's seen them in action. The tube is 1 3/4 .120 wall. The plate is 1/4". This is a bolt in sport cage very similar to our TJ model sport cage. Most of these will come powdercoated black or wrinkle black.

You'll notice in the photos that the dash bar is missing. We've had to redesign the dash bar to accommodate Garmin's trail GPS, which marketing believe is popular with some JKers. I will post the dash bar pics when I get some.

I'll work out some "Deal" details soon.

Yates
Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Cage

oh man oh man. i would love the cage. oh did i mention that i'm doing my own little OrFab Jeep. i would love to have everything OrFab on my Jeep. all the bumpers, Rock Doors, Sliders, Tire Carrier everything. just cant do all of it all at one time.

i really like the cage and rock pannels.

so are there any more items i should be on the look out for while i'm taking the tour on Friday?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

wow those are sweet Is the cage 100 % bolt on? Man that rock armor is niiiiice you guys are killin me hahah
Old 07-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by ckmehl
oh man oh man. i would love the cage. oh did i mention that i'm doing my own little OrFab Jeep. i would love to have everything OrFab on my Jeep. all the bumpers, Rock Doors, Sliders, Tire Carrier everything. just cant do all of it all at one time.

i really like the cage and rock pannels.

so are there any more items i should be on the look out for while i'm taking the tour on Friday?

You'll see some. Steve had the green jeep doing the Jeepers Rubicon so these have been seen by a lot of folks.

Originally Posted by BBirish
wow those are sweet Is the cage 100 % bolt on? Man that rock armor is niiiiice you guys are killin me hahah
100% bolt on. No Clamps. We have a patent on our TJ cage and the attorneys are trying to apply this application under the same patent. We have an Engineer (Chris) on staff that has done a killer job with both of these applications.

Yates

Last edited by yhudson; 07-29-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Credited the wrong engineer.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default price

what is the price going to be on that cage and when is it going to be on the market
Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by rubijksilver
what is the price going to be on that cage and when is it going to be on the market
Our TJ sport cage runs about $360. The JK sport cage has more steel, and a fairly expensive dash bar because of the bends. If we were to release it as is, you'd find it on the market for about $600.

We will work out a pre-order deal in the next month or so that will be hard to beat.

Yates
Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Yates! Can't wait to see the preorder prices.
Looking forward to a front skid for those running the awesome Stinger Bumper with Electronic Swaybar disconnects and a winch...whew...that's a mouth full! Keep the great products coming...you guys are on a roll!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Nice Yates! Can't wait to see the preorder prices.
Looking forward to a front skid for those running the awesome Stinger Bumper with Electronic Swaybar disconnects and a winch...whew...that's a mouth full! Keep the great products coming...you guys are on a roll!
That item is "in the works". They are planning on doing the proto-type on my jeep, which will be back this coming Sunday. The R&D guys will have it until the next Rubicon (Aug 16), to get something in place to test.

Let Jake know when you'll be ready to test a proto-type and he'll get you lined up.

Thanks!

Yates
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I am starting to not like you guys...

And my bank account REALLY doesn't!

That cage is sweet.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I definitely need to see the 4 door. It looks like the armor sits higher up on the body than the PJ sliders do, which is a plus. I've been looking for a good replacement to my current PJ sliders, and these look like they might do the trick.

I also like that cage.

Just waiting for the pre-order.

Quick Reply: Two NEW OR-Fab Products