Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Web Ordering Frustration

Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web Ordering Frustration

Sponsors...

Please, please, please, modify your websites to show availablility...or at least when I place an order?

I ordered a BestTop Bikini Top and header bar from Quadratec...they shipped the bikini top, but the header was backordered. So, I called today to find out when the header would ship, and I was told it wouldn't be until around July 10th.

***begin venting frustration***
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it frustrating to get half an order shipped to you that you can't use for several weeks to a month because a key part of your order is backordered? I asked the Quadratec rep if I ordered wheels and tires, and the wheels were backordered, if they would ship the tires? Without hesitation he said yes...

Um, isn't it obvious you need both parts to make it work?

So, yes, I'm an impatient impulsive person who rarely has time to make phone calls to check on availability...but what am I supposed to do with a bikinia top I can't use for almost a month because the header is on backorder? I asked the Quadratec rep to cancel my order and got an RA to ship the bikini top back :sad: I guess I wait until next spring and try again.
***end venting frustration***

On a positive note my Warrior tube doors ship in three days

...and for the record...I still really like Quadratec (and Northridge4x4--pm please if you have the bikini top and header in stock ready for shipping).

I just wish the website(s) provided better feedback on availability...or at least email me first, please, to see if I a partial shipment is acceptable before you ship.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been waiting for a pair of rear grab handles from Quadratec since May 22. I'm not in a big hurry for them, but it is pretty ridiculous. I haven't heard a peep from them on an expected date (I haven't called but I will soon).

Generally, the lack of availability on an e-commerce site is due to a lack of ability to provide it. Despite being in the prime of the information age most companies struggle with inventory control.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are plenty of much larger and much smaller companies than Quadratec that have no problems with inventory control/website updating. Whether its a manpower, know-how, caring issue is beside the point.

I, personally, cant stand companies that cannot keep their websites current, and/or advertise inaccuracies to their customers. Its a big pet peeve of mine. Sure you can call and get the real scoop most of the time, but whats the point of having an online ordering system when you cant use it?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:54 AM
JK Freak

this has gotten to me a couple of times with them as well. right now, i've got the ARB diff covers on order. i was told they were on the boat, and would ship right around now. but then, i've also heard that i likely won't see them until august. i'm debating on whether or not just to canx the order, save my money and wait until everybody has everything i want in stock...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Angry Feeling the Frustration

I have to share in the frustration of the order and wait a long time system going on for Jeep parts.

My wife and I built up a 2006 TJ this Spring. We ordered the AEV Highline Kit (2K) and AEV wheels (5x@180) spending some serious cash there. We got the wheels in 6 weeks and never got the Highline Kit because AEV said they had quality issues with the people making the fender flares. After waiting over 2 months we canceled the order. Too bad, we were looking forward to having the kit.

On the 2007 JK, I ordered the Bestop Dust Cover....waiting 6 weeks now because its on backorder!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VENDORS START POSTING THE AVAILABILITY STATUS BEFORE THE PERSON ORDERS!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac
There are plenty of much larger and much smaller companies than Quadratec that have no problems with inventory control/website updating. Whether its a manpower, know-how, caring issue is beside the point.
Just because a site gives you a number or says something is available does not mean it actually is. They may be possibly relying on static website updates instead of dynamically pulling data from a database that is faithfully updated at receiving and shipping. (Static numbers may not be updated until there is a cycle count for that item.)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, many web merchants do not even have items in stock. Instead when you place an order, they turn around and call the manufacturer who then ships the item to you. In this regard they have no way of knowing what is going on with the manufacturers inventory.

They do this to keep inventory costs down while still "appearing" to have a large inventory available.

I have ordered several things from Quadratec that have ended up coming directly from the mfg.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
Just because a site gives you a number or says something is available does not mean it actually is. They may be possibly relying on static website updates instead of dynamically pulling data from a database that is faithfully updated at receiving and shipping. (Static numbers may not be updated until there is a cycle count for that item.)
Exactly my point! Some companies DO have accurate numbers and indicate if product is out of stock, and sometimes even when they expect to be back in stock.

Quick Reply: Web Ordering Frustration