Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2-Door Hard Top Question

Old 09-23-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-Door Hard Top Question

Will a 2013 Hard Top fit an earlier JK (2007)?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes but you need to check the alignment pins. The newer 4 door hardtops have two per side where the older ones have only one. Would assume a 2 door is the same, but you should check.

sent from my work leash
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 12 2dr only has one pin I believe...
Old 09-23-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2013 has 2 pins
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

I've been referencing this website since I bought my jeep last year and love all the great information everyone is sharing with each other. I just decided to sign up yesterday and this is my first post- somewhat embarrassed to even ask but I've definitely seen some other questions that seemed pretty simple/ common sense to me.. anyway I'm picking up a 'new' hard top on Friday for my 2DR 2008. I will check about the alignment pins but I'm wondering if there's anything else I need to be aware of or should address in the mean time before I go pick it up..? I'm talking real basic stuff that someone completely unfamiliar wouldn't know- for example I've been wondering if my spare tire rack is going to be an issue- I've seen some versions where the spare tire arm is separate and swings out on its own- where as mine is stock and attached to the gate. Is that going to be an issue as far as opening/ closing with a hard top etc.?? I know that seems like a simple question but based on some of the surprises I've experienced so far- I'm feeling like I'm going to show up there and not be able to install it because of something I need but didn't know ahead of time.. any feedback/ guidance would be greatly appreciated. I've been living in the Honda/ Acura world for 20 years as are my friends that I work on cars with so I don't really have anywhere else to reference. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:57 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2012 and just put the hardtop back on the other day - it has 2 alignment pins on each side.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Elevapor
I've been referencing this website since I bought my jeep last year and love all the great information everyone is sharing with each other. I just decided to sign up yesterday and this is my first post- somewhat embarrassed to even ask but I've definitely seen some other questions that seemed pretty simple/ common sense to me.. anyway I'm picking up a 'new' hard top on Friday for my 2DR 2008. I will check about the alignment pins but I'm wondering if there's anything else I need to be aware of or should address in the mean time before I go pick it up..? I'm talking real basic stuff that someone completely unfamiliar wouldn't know- for example I've been wondering if my spare tire rack is going to be an issue- I've seen some versions where the spare tire arm is separate and swings out on its own- where as mine is stock and attached to the gate. Is that going to be an issue as far as opening/ closing with a hard top etc.?? I know that seems like a simple question but based on some of the surprises I've experienced so far- I'm feeling like I'm going to show up there and not be able to install it because of something I need but didn't know ahead of time.. any feedback/ guidance would be greatly appreciated. I've been living in the Honda/ Acura world for 20 years as are my friends that I work on cars with so I don't really have anywhere else to reference. Thank you!
I have a 2010 2dr and have to open the rear gate to open the glass so no the stock carrier shouldn't be in the way.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing to consider is that the position of the footman loop above the windshield changed somewhere around 2012, not sure exactly. So you have to move the footman loop (qtec sells a kit) and either modify the trim piece to accept the new position or get a new trim piece if you want the front center to sit right (no air whistling).

Quick Reply: 2-Door Hard Top Question