Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2007 with automatic. This normal or starting to go?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 with automatic. This normal or starting to go?

Firstly there's an actual issue with 1st. When driving and it shifts from 1st to 2nd there's a high pitched noise for a few seconds. Then it's gone. No slipping. If anyone knows wtf that could be then great.

What I'm here for is this. I'm wondering if this is normal or there's an issue. When I start the truck on flat ground, shift into reverse the truck rolls back a foot or so then feels like it binds. I have to give it gas to get it going. As soon as I let off it slows to a stop again. Also does this in drive.

Secondly. When the truck is running and I shift it into neutral, I cannot push the jeep at all. It won't roll backwards or forwards. If I shut the truck off it rolls fine. It only does this running. Same with the reverse and drive issue. So I'm wondering, is this some kind of issue in the trans? The tcase? Do the 07s come with hill assist?(kind of what it feels like)

​​​​

​​​

Quick Reply: 2007 with automatic. This normal or starting to go?