Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Wrangler Sport Alternator at 38k Miles?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 Wrangler Sport Alternator at 38k Miles?

Hello everyone,

New to the forum, and have a quick question. I have a 2010 Wrangler Sport that I bought new. It died on me for the first time while I was at the store. I went to start it and everything just suddenly went black (indicator lights on the dash had come on at first as well as dome light). I popped the hood and noticed quite a bit of powdery corrosion on the negative battery terminal. Went and got some mineral water and baking soda as well as a wire brush and cleaned the terminals well. Someone then gave me a jump. I was able to start it after about 2 minutes of charging, however as soon as the cables were removed it started to idle rough and then all the indicator lights flashed and it died again. Does this sound like an alternator issue to you folks? Has anyone had a similar issue at 38k miles?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I would have your battery load tested and double check your connections first. I would bet it is either a bad battery or connection.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wrangler Sport Alternator at 38k Miles?