Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 JKU w/7500 miles needs new auto trans?!?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for some underbody armor.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matzjeep
12's have a cooler from the factory.
so do the earlier JK's. But it is inadequate for too many scenarios. (stop/go traffic, wheeling in 4-hi, sand)

Lot's of folks put on auxilliary coolers.

Others just use a temp gauge and wheel in 4-lo when called for and seem to avoid the problem that way.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Time for some underbody armor.
seriously!

Is OP's model the one that came with the transmission "skid bar" and not the skid plate?

Smanenti, do you have a skid plate or just bar? if your build sheet says plate and you got a bar, there was a post by someone who fought that and got the plate.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiblet

seriously!

Is OP's model the one that came with the transmission "skid bar" and not the skid plate?

Smanenti, do you have a skid plate or just bar? if your build sheet says plate and you got a bar, there was a post by someone who fought that and got the plate.
How would I found out? Don't have a build sheet but do have the window sticker- would that help?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelman2925
Sweeet! Glad it worked out for you. I have had a few sit downs with service managers over the years. Always sucks sweating out a huge kick in the wallet. My celica broke down in front of the dealer after an oil change. I noticed there were 50 more miles on my car than drop off the day before and as a habit I take a picture of the odo at service time. The sales manager calls me into his office with a broken cv axle on his desk and tells me the celica has obviously been abused. I said " I couldn't agree more, definitely major abuse" and his jaw nearly fell off. I then calmly as I could explained the odo issue and he quickly changed his tone and tried to smooth it over as best he could. A little less than a year later the engine spun a bearing on the turnpike while accelerating behind an eighteen wheeler. The dealer replaced the engine without a word. Thankfully it was a lease and I was rid of that ticking timebomb shortly after.
Crazy!! You had them by the balls!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by smanenti
How would I found out? Don't have a build sheet but do have the window sticker- would that help?
here's a thread on the skid bar/plate issue:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...skid+bar+plate

you can request your build sheet from jeep:

http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/universa...ull&category=U

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU w/7500 miles needs new auto trans?!?