Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 Rubicon Heat Issues

Old 02-13-2021, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Rubicon Heat Issues

I have searched and read many threads but can’t seem to figure out my issue. It started with the typical heat is good on passenger side and cool on drivers side. I initially flushed the heater core and that helped for about an hour. Then decided to flush the whole system to include radiator, engine, and heater core. Heat worked for a day. Spent today just looking. The blend actuator on the drivers side has full movement. The blend actuator on the passenger side shifts properly from floor to dash to defrost. The heater core inlet and outlet tubes located under the dash are hot to the touch, will burn fingers; however, I still have tepid heat. I am at my wits end and am looking for further direction. Anybody got any input?
Old 02-14-2021, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 362 Likes on 338 Posts

Reading your post, how did the heater core flush go? You noted that the hoses are HOT going to and from heater core..Blend air door is moving. Based on what you have noted; with these confirmed I would suspect heater core is still clogged, very low volume of fluid movement.. You might find this video informative; www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3cY-hF6Zw
Old 02-14-2021, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

I have now flushed the core twice. Had good water flow when I flushed it. Flushed forward and reverse several times. Water flow from the water hose through the core was very good. I am at a loss.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Could even be something like the outside fins plugged and not transferring heat even if it flows good with the coolant. But, alas, to really check that is a big dismantle job. Is it possible to get in their with an air blow gun and blow air in at about 60psi backwards to normal fan flow.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Flushed the core again today with CLR and hot water, reversed the hoses afterwards. Have nice hot air again. Going to put the hoses back to normal and see what happens.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 362 Likes on 338 Posts

Good to hear, Enjoy FAT TUESDAY .. Keep providing an update when you put the hoses back ..
Old 02-15-2021, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Switched the hoses back this afternoon and topped off the coolant. Still have nice heat.

Quick Reply: 2011 Rubicon Heat Issues