Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Starting Issues!! Help??

Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Starting Issues!! Help??

So I've got a 2011 JK Sport S and since last week I've been having this odd starting problem.

I'll turn the key and if I'm lucky it will turn the engine over maybe 2-10 times then I'll just watch the rpm's drop to about 500 and it will cut off. I've been able to work with it and rev the engine upto about 1500 when starting and it is usually fine. But just yesterday I spent about 15 minutes trying to do this with no success. I walked away to blow some steam and came back a bit later to try again and I got it on the third try. I am occasionally getting the dash power light turning on (lighting bolt icon) Any ideas on what this could be?

The only changes I've made that would possibly interfere are Duallys installed on the A-pillars wired with the Rigid harness right to the battery terminals....which are tight and looking as good as new. Battery was tested and is also fine.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all things it turns out it was a computer problem. There were somehow 3 vehicle keys assigned to my Jeep (though I've only ever used one...still confused about that) but they deleted those key profiles, updated it with my actual keys info, then did some Flash updates and voila, it works!

Free of charge too!

Anyone else have a similar issue???

Quick Reply: 2011 Starting Issues!! Help??