Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Wrangler Sport clicking

Old 01-20-2016, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Wrangler Sport clicking

Hey!

I've owned my Jeep for about six months now, and it has picked up a weird tick or click now that it's gotten colder. It sounds like it might be coming from somewhere behind the passenger side dash. It makes these clicks whenever the Jeep is started up without the air on and whenever the air is turned off. It makes this noise with both AC and heat. For some reason the noise doesn't happen when the Jeep is started with the air already on... Anyone run into this problem before? I haven't been able to find another thread discussing this problem, feel free to direct me if one exists though. Here's a video of the Jeep starting up without the air in:

https://youtu.be/9JbjcNLC6XQ

Thanks for any help!!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the actuator for outside air. When you use max ac. Check behind the glove box. There is a door that will open and close. You might have something caught in it.

Ed
Old 04-15-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine just started doing the same damn thing. Sounds like a machine gun! If anyone has pics of what I should be looking for, I'd appreciate it!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update... Removed my glovebox to see if I could identify the clicking. Mine is coming from behind the head unit or even a little more towards the driver side. Pretty loud, but I can't see where it's coming from to address it...

Quick Reply: 2011 Wrangler Sport clicking