Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 jk engine code with slip code. IDK what's wrong with my jeep

Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2012 jk engine code with slip code. IDK what's wrong with my jeep

Hi I posted in other forum too but I just want to hear other opinion too..

anyway. so here is what happened. ( my jeep is 2012 JKU sahara and I already got replaced cylinder problem which is common issue of 2012 3.6 Pentstar)

I got engine code with slip warning code(?) together on the way of RD trip. and my jeep couldn't go oner 3000 rpm.. I push gas pedal till end.. but nothing happened. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-9.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	538134

so I stop my car check engine oil level and it was fine and check engine code then it show this code ' --------- ' I don't know what kind code it is so I brought my jeep to dealer ship and they said it is because I used aftermarket engine oil filter. I have no idea what's wrong with after market filter but anyway I changed to Mopar OEM filter. but after a week exactly same thing happened today. I check engine code and it shows also ' --------- ' .

I'm going dealer ship tomorrow again and it's really annoying. it's only 40k mi on it.. so unreliable engine or car..

ha,,,, need some opinion
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by going to a different dealership, unless you're making your own filter and using olive oil in your engine, the likelihood of an aftermarket filter being the cause of a trouble code is very low.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are two, or is it three??, different oil filters for the 3.6. I think two... But I thought the code folks were getting was an oil pressure code when using the wrong filter.

Edit: the 2014 oil filter was changed and is not compatible with earlier years.

I *think* the 12 and 13 take the same filter.

Last edited by Jiblet; 03-17-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 jk engine code with slip code. IDK what's wrong with my jeep