Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help With Soft Top

Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Soft Top

So I am looking to buy a soft top for my 2010 JKU. I only have a hard top so I will need all of the frame and hardware. Through Jeep its over 1800 bucks. Obviously way over priced. Can anyone provide me with links to popular soft tops that come with all of that?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jwhite216
So I am looking to buy a soft top for my 2010 JKU. I only have a hard top so I will need all of the frame and hardware. Through Jeep its over 1800 bucks. Obviously way over priced. Can anyone provide me with links to popular soft tops that come with all of that?
look for a used or new take off. Plenty of people sell them. I currently am selling a 2013 premium unlimited soft top from a dual top package for $700 I am not interested in shipping but just letting you know if you look around you can find one for much cheaper then thru the dealer.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
look for a used or new take off. Plenty of people sell them. I currently am selling a 2013 premium unlimited soft top from a dual top package for $700 I am not interested in shipping but just letting you know if you look around you can find one for much cheaper then thru the dealer.
Ok great thanks!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
X2 ...

I traded a fellow a guitar for a new in-the-box soft top last year. Lots of people got the dual-top option when they bought their Jeep and never put their soft tops on and then sell them a couple years later for between $500-$800 on CL. Those will come with everything you need but you'll need to find one local because they are too big and cumbersome to ship.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

The best top trektop is a great soft top. http://www.bestop.com/soft-tops-and-bikinis/trektop-nx
I love mine personally i like the quality better then my oem soft top. Only think is you lose some storage space but that doesnt bother me.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ScottGrubb
The best top trektop is a great soft top. http://www.bestop.com/soft-tops-and-bikinis/trektop-nx I love mine personally i like the quality better then my oem soft top. Only think is you lose some storage space but that doesnt bother me.
Does the trektop come with everything g needed to put it on and go?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does the trektop come with everything g needed to put it on and go?
far as i know it does. I bought mine used and he had the bestop hardware so i assume yes if not im sure they make a kit
Old 03-14-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trek top comes with all the hardware, there's very little since it's a bowless system.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 71Luber
Trek top comes with all the hardware, there's very little since it's a bowless system.
what do you mean bowless system? Is it still easily collapsable like the normal soft top?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

what do you mean bowless system? Is it still easily collapsable like the normal soft top?
yes it is but there is no braces in the windows like a normal soft top because it raps the cage. I will take a pic in the morning and so you can see

Quick Reply: Help With Soft Top