Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light Misfire Cylinder 6

Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEAD REPLACMENT TODAY!!! Problem corrected so far.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

One more to the list...my build date is 08/11 and have ticking on driver side...dealer says ticking is normal and no codes thrown yet at 8700 miles; they flashed my PCM, per TSB 18-007-12, though I can't find any info on this TSB from Chrysler
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

No build date info right now but i'll add it when I get my vehicle back. My code was misfire in cylinder 2. Heads are on back order.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pjohn
No build date info right now but i'll add it when I get my vehicle back. My code was misfire in cylinder 2. Heads are on back order.
They giving you a rental?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Pjohn
You and I got ours at the same time. I'm starting to worry. Knock on wood
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't mean to thread jack but, I got a JKU with a build date of 3-12-12. Any chance the head troubles were ironed out before the motor was installed?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2012 grand Cherokee lorado as a rental.

Orangedude I seem to be very unlucky everything I have bought for the jeep has been missing something or giving me problems. I hope your luck is better than mine.

Boots you'll have to search through threads with build dates or wait and see. I guess you could call Chrysler but I don't think they would be forthcoming with thus type of info.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Long time listner...First Time Caller...I have a 12 JKU Sport, just over 10K on it and took delivery in December. I too am now getting the P0302 code #2 cylinder misfire. Took it into the dealership today and told him that the light comes and goes and I have a pretty loud tick coming from the engine. He asked me what kind of gas I put in it and I told him unleaded...He didnt seem to thrilled at my attempt at humor. He told me that I should be putting high end (Shell, 76, BP) gas in it and that its probably fouled with carbon deposits. I told him that I use the closest fuel station whch happens to be a 76 station. After reading this I am raising a serious BS flag. The problem started right before hitting 10k. I had to get a rental from them and they are charging me for it. However they said that if they keep the vehicle for more than 1 day than they would have Chrysler pay for it. Ill keep you all posted on the diagnosis/prognosis.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juniorkilo24
Long time listner...First Time Caller...I have a 12 JKU Sport, just over 10K on it and took delivery in December. I too am now getting the P0302 code #2 cylinder misfire. Took it into the dealership today and told him that the light comes and goes and I have a pretty loud tick coming from the engine. He asked me what kind of gas I put in it and I told him unleaded...He didnt seem to thrilled at my attempt at humor. He told me that I should be putting high end (Shell, 76, BP) gas in it and that its probably fouled with carbon deposits. I told him that I use the closest fuel station whch happens to be a 76 station. After reading this I am raising a serious BS flag. The problem started right before hitting 10k. I had to get a rental from them and they are charging me for it. However they said that if they keep the vehicle for more than 1 day than they would have Chrysler pay for it. Ill keep you all posted on the diagnosis/prognosis.
This is a very well known issue with these engines. Go explain this to the person at your dealership. It may be to your benefit to get straight to Chrysler if your dealership is that ignorant of such a well known issue.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juniorkilo24
Have you read the other threads about the ticking issue? I have posted several things about what I have gone through on this issue.

I can send you a copy of my repair order to your personal email if you would like? It may help you out.

Hang in there!

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light Misfire Cylinder 6