Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light Misfire Cylinder 6

Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having my drivers side head replaced for ticking noise. I have only 5200 miles
Old 04-08-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Possible problem with my 2012 Unlimited Sport 30 MILES ON IT!

Just bought a new 2012 unlimited sport on Friday. Drove it 30 miles Saturday running errands and had to stop by dealership to get something we left in our trade in. Wife is in car with my sleeping daughter while I go in and the CEL comes on and the thing starts shaking it is missing so bad. Of course service department closed 2 hours prior and won't be open until Monday. Salesmen came out to look at it and told me just to keep driving it and come back Monday. I hope there is a loose connection and not something major wrong! It only does it intermittently, but the CEL stays on??? They asked me where I got it fueled and I had to laugh and remind them that they filled it up when I bought it and I had only put 30 miles on it! We will see.......
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by srgpeppers
Just bought a new 2012 unlimited sport on Friday. Drove it 30 miles Saturday running errands and had to stop by dealership to get something we left in our trade in. Wife is in car with my sleeping daughter while I go in and the CEL comes on and the thing starts shaking it is missing so bad. Of course service department closed 2 hours prior and won't be open until Monday. Salesmen came out to look at it and told me just to keep driving it and come back Monday. I hope there is a loose connection and not something major wrong! It only does it intermittently, but the CEL stays on??? They asked me where I got it fueled and I had to laugh and remind them that they filled it up when I bought it and I had only put 30 miles on it! We will see.......
Welcome to the forum...Sorry about your troubles, hopefully the dealer will find and fix the cause. What is the build date on your jeep? Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Hope it's not the number 6 cylinder with low compression. If it is you need new cylinder heads. Just make them take it back for a new one. It was a problem in the past.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you, looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here! I will have to check the build date later, it is currently dumping rain and lightning like crazy outside and I am a weanie. I would imagine it is pretty current production, it had only been on the lot for 3 days. We got it in Winter Chill blue and it was the only 4 door Sport I could find in that color optioned like I wanted. I am definitely expecting it to be fixed properly and I am going to try and get a set of take off Rubi rails for our trouble.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

3-2012 build date.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by srgpeppers
3-2012 build date.
Thanks...Wow that is current hopefully it's an easy fix and not a low compression cylinder...I would have thought Chrylser resolved that issue in the latter half of 2011. Keep us posted...
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

will do, thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Got Jeep dropped off at dealership this morning and received minivan for my rental.....wife was thrilled. I will update when I get a prognosis.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well....another 2012 owner with a head on order. Had my check engine light come on over the weekend while wheeling. Took it in today and sure enough cylinder 6 misfire. Head ordered but as others have said they are back ordered with on delivery date. Luckily I notice no symptoms so I can drive it for now. Will report updates. What a mess.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Rubi Check Engine Light Misfire Cylinder 6