Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 JK unlimited soft top

Old 10-20-2020, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JK unlimited soft top

Does anyone know if the shown soft top will fit 2013 JK unlimited without additional hardware? All parts exist (Window frame, knobs, etc.) but the rollbar bracket seems to be missing and I'm not sure if the metal piece shown will attach directly to the rollbar or I need to modify it. I think this soft top came off a 2015 unlimited
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2020, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

You have a spring assist top there. The picture is upside down to how it will mount in the bracket. did you previously have a spring assist top? the bracket on the roll bar will have a little notch that the top sits into as you'll see in this thread -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...2t-fit-355026/
The following users liked this post:
Maxx B (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
You have a spring assist top there. The picture is upside down to how it will mount in the bracket. did you previously have a spring assist top? the bracket on the roll bar will have a little notch that the top sits into as you'll see in this thread -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...2t-fit-355026/

Thanks for the help. No I never had a soft top, period. I think I'm missing at least the rollbar brackets, which it seems are different from the regular soft top rollbar brackets. Unless there are other differences between the two soft tops, everything else appears to be there.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Yes, you'll need the brackets linked in that other thread I referenced. They are different than the older non-spring assist top brackets, but $20 from quadratec should get you fixed up. You should then have the 4 door surrounds (two each side) for the top, and tailgate bar and clips. Anytime soft tops are bought/sold, all the corresponding hardware should travel with it. If something is left out, it is usually an honest mistake. For example, some people got the dual top option and just never used the soft top, in which case they often don't even know they have those brackets attached on their rollbars under the padding. It happens.

Quick Reply: 2013 JK unlimited soft top