Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 JKU "anti-spin" rear axle??

Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JKU "anti-spin" rear axle??

ok so i understand its a limited slip diff, but what is it? is it a clutch lsd or a torsen? i've had lsds in past rigs but never really noticed them, the JK on the other hand i notice this one, i can hear the inside rear trying to spin when i accelerate moderately hard through a corner as an lsd should, just never had one work this good, i'm use to them being POSs and only being noticeable on ice where i dont want it anyways

when i bought the jeep i was hesitant about getting the lsd because i figured it would be crap and i'd junk it when i regear but i'm deffinitely liking this one and wanna say good job jeep on this one

and if i keep the lsd in the back i'm leaning towards a detroit tru-trac (torsen) in the front HP-D30, how well a tru-trac hold up to 35s and moderate wheelin?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a clutch pack LSD but you also have BLD ( brake lock differential) combined. The BLD uses the ESP/TC ABS system to brake the rear wheel that is spinning so the wheel with traction can pull.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKU "anti-spin" rear axle??