Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 - really can't get half-doors AND leather/heated seats??

Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate when unrelated options cancel each other out on a build. Never understood that.

Having said that...leather seats in a Jeep just seems wrong somehow, and you'll regret it the first time you get caught in the rain with your top down. But if you really want leather seats and half doors, order it with full doors and swap them out aftermarket.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem when I tried to order my 2012. I ended up ordering with the half doors and had them install the Katzskin leather and heated seats. I prefer the Katzskin leather to the factory leather and I was able to choose any color of leather..you can get 2 tone, with a different stitching....custom embroided headrests etc etc...

P.S. aftermarket half doors are not cheap..you will end up paying close to 4K for a full set of 4 with interior pannels/paint/shipping/mirrors/and upper windows.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Edmond
I had the same problem when I tried to order my 2012. I ended up ordering with the half doors and had them install the Katzskin leather and heated seats. I prefer the Katzskin leather to the factory leather and I was able to choose any color of leather..you can get 2 tone, with a different stitching....custom embroided headrests etc etc...

P.S. aftermarket half doors are not cheap..you will end up paying close to 4K for a full set of 4 with interior pannels/paint/shipping/mirrors/and upper windows.
This is the solution I would go with. Adding Katzkin leather is much cheaper than adding half doors.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edmond

Agree I just ordered my 2013 Rubicon with Half doors as to try to get OEM half doors aftermarket is WAY expensive and rare to see them for sale. It would be much easier to find full doors for sale then OEM half doors.

Quick Reply: 2013 - really can't get half-doors AND leather/heated seats??