Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2dr or 4dr

Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2dr or 4dr

If you had to choose between one or the other would you have 2dr or 4dr??
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grambo5301
If you had to choose between one or the other would you have 2dr or 4dr??
Depends on your needs. Look at both and make up your own mind. I have the 2dr which is the right fit for me. But is has a small trunk and back seat. I'm 18 so I don't need a big trunk or big back seat.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have no children, and one med sized dog. So I remove the back seat in my2 door and enjoy all the extra room. The 2 door wheelbase has helped me more than hurt me. The 4 doors have much more room, and have + and - as everything is a trade off.
it comes down to individual needs /wants and price.

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep-creep
I have no children, and one med sized dog. So I remove the back seat in my2 door and enjoy all the extra room. The 2 door wheelbase has helped me more than hurt me. The 4 doors have much more room, and have + and - as everything is a trade off.
it comes down to individual needs /wants and price.

Good luck!
Like others have said, it depends on how you use your jeep (and perhaps on what you think looks better). For right New England woods trails, te 2 door is perfect. It's a pain to get passengers in the back seat, but that's not a problem for me... I DRIVE!
Plenty of room for me and the big dog in the back o the 2 door with re rear seat in the fold and tumble position. I love my 2 door! If it were our inky family daily driver, te 4 door would be my choice. Because the 4 door is longer, it will typically out perform a 2 door in the mud because its got a farther reach to dry or good ground.
If your going to lift your jeep, the 4 door will offroad well. If not, it's long and low belly sit too low for my taste.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

as everyone said, depends on needs.

I have a 3 year old so I got a 4 door. I also like the extra space with the seats down and a bigger trunk allowing me to buy bigger items when need be.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2 door and love it. But it barely has a truck. I haul more items in my daily driver old lady Chevy Malibu
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

I have 2 dogs and am always carting things and friends around ( especially in the summer with the doors off ) so I went with a 4 door, I also herd the 4 doors are better in the snow.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

2 door can fit in almost any parking spot, especially with the doors off.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, it depends on needs or your preferred style. I imagine the OP is young (16-21 years old?), so a 2-door might be more fun.

I'm lucky enough to have one of each in my household. My 2-door is definitely more fun, but the 4-door Rubi is a lot more attractive when we're packing up the dog and gear for a long weekend.

Get out there and drive one of each and decide for yourself.

The 2-door is more fun, in my opinion. It's like a sports car on stilts, and it turns so tight it can pretty much chase its own tail. It rides Jeepy, which is something you only experience in a 2-door Jeep.

The 4-door is much more comfortable if there's more than 2 people going for a ride, or if you're packing for a couple of days. But...It rides less Jeep-like and feels more like a traditional SUV (and is heavier, gets worse gas mileage, and it cost more).
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jbneal
2 door can fit in almost any parking spot, especially with the doors off.
I have noticed that 2-door JK's are magically narrower than my 4-door JKU to fit in parking spots. Lol.

Quick Reply: 2dr or 4dr