Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2Dr Passenger Seat Problem

Old 04-11-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2Dr Passenger Seat Problem

Hey Hey,

Had the in-laws here this weekend, and ran into a problem with the seat when people were getting in and out of the back. On trying to place the seat back in the locked upright position, the seat won't lock in place.

I've played around with the levers to see if they are moving freely, and they seem to be fine. Maybe a spring let go inside or something?

Any other examples of this issue? Or suggestions on how to resolve?

Worse comes to worse, I'll leave it with the stealership to fix, as it will be under warranty.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

The same thing happened to me. It did catch again though. Probably is going to be a problem down the road though.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

I have found that if you use the lever to let it slide and tilt forward all the way then to make it lock you have to push it backwards hard to get it to lock. Try that, I normally use the seat adjuster to slide it forward as it locks it in palce.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

I've quickly messed around with it, givin' it a few slams and messing with the levers.

Thanks for the suggestions so far though. I'll post if I can get it resolved before breaking out the tools.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Problem solved! Taking some time to look at it was all it required.

Problem happened as we were getting back in once our ferry docked, so never had a chance to look at it.

All it took was cleaning around the spring assembly on the "let me out" lever. It clicked right into place afterwards.

Thanks for all the quick replies though!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks i'll try that on mine tommorow,cuz my passenger seat has been like that for 6 months gotta load any one in from the driver side...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

i am having the same problem but unable to fix. have been messing with handle and slamming into place alot with no avail. it seems to lock and be sturdy on right shoulder area but left side is limp and sways back. do i need to remove the handle to fix? any further help is appreciated. thanks.

Quick Reply: 2Dr Passenger Seat Problem