Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4lo: forward to reverse nothing?

Old 06-05-2019, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4lo: forward to reverse nothing?

Got a 2012 JKUR with an interesting problem that only rears it’s head when I need my 4lo the most
Situation: 4lo technical wheeling ,crossed up on an incline working it up an obstacle ,decide to back up to pick a new line ,goes into reverse fine ,go back to drive ,nothing just revs ,thought it could be the t case linkage at first so before next trip I installed a Currie cable shifter,never had problems before with 4lo but figured why not. Same situation same problem,shift t case to 2wd back to 4lo ,nothing ,shift shifter to park and back to Drive most of the times it will work again,turn Jeep off and back on works everytime. ESP also kicks in and stutters throttle when it does this ,been searching and it seems to be a 2012 thing for some reason but having a Jeep built with tons,great suspension and 40’s its ridiculous not to be able to wheel it without this electrical issue.
It would seem that it’s not a transfer case issue since the Jeep is still actually physically engaged in 4lo still but the transmission is literally not sending power to the transfer case for some reason.Thee are no codes present when or after this happens as well.Anybody have any ideas? I’m all ears .but something has to happen .thanks all

Quick Reply: 4lo: forward to reverse nothing?