Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection results

Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection results

2008 Rubicon: Only the oil pan, the transmission rear output seal and the transfer case seal leaking, thank god, I thought they'd find something serious.

5 hours labor, so it's going to cost me a vacation day at work as I don't work anywhere near where I live and the dealership is. It will be covered under the lifetime powertrain warranty. My jeep is not lifted. About the only mod they would have possibly cared about is the Riddler diff. covers, and I guess we both came to the conclusion that there is no way they could void my warranty for just that.

I guess I know where all that oil and transmission gear oil went.

Oh, 118K miles

Last edited by ResQGrnRubi; 04-19-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you.mine is in November.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I must be missing something. Does Jeep call you to schedule this up at 5 years? Or is it just a dealer telling you to come on down so they can sell you every other service under the sun that you don't yet need?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ResQGrnRubi
2008 Rubicon: Only the oil pan, the transmission rear output seal and the transfer case seal leaking, thank god, I thought they'd find something serious.

5 hours labor, so it's going to cost me a vacation day at work as I don't work anywhere near where I live and the dealership is. It will be covered under the lifetime powertrain warranty. My jeep is not lifted. About the only mod they would have possibly cared about is the Riddler diff. covers, and I guess we both came to the conclusion that there is no way they could void my warranty for just that.

I guess I know where all that oil and transmission gear oil went.

Oh, 118K miles
Who has been doing your services?

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I must be missing something. Does Jeep call you to schedule this up at 5 years? Or is it just a dealer telling you to come on down so they can sell you every other service under the sun that you don't yet need?
If you have this option, you have to keep up with it yourself.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
You have to know and remember every 5 years to do this, forget it and you can forget your Lifetime. On mine they replaced the timing cover and water pump, under warranty, and gave me a loaner because they had to order the parts. They didn't try to sell me anything and it didn't cost anything.

Go 'Noles !!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I specifically asked my local dealer if I had to remember/schedule the 5 year checkup inspection and was told that Chrysler will notify me by mail.
Since I'm only 1.5 years into the warranty, can't say if this is true or not.
However, I did do an electronic calendar reminder, just in case...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
You have to know and remember every 5 years to do this, forget it and you can forget your Lifetime. On mine they replaced the timing cover and water pump, under warranty, and gave me a loaner because they had to order the parts. They didn't try to sell me anything and it didn't cost anything.

Go 'Noles !!
Just curious. What did the lifetime warranty run you?

P.S. You're a long way from Tallahassee? I'm in Jax and "GO NOLES"!

Mike
Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wrigley

Just curious. What did the lifetime warranty run you?

P.S. You're a long way from Tallahassee? I'm in Jax and "GO NOLES"!

Mike
The power train was free on the 08, $1,500 on the 10.

Yeah, I had to wait for the Garnet and Gold Spring game to show up on You Tube to see how the QB battle is going.

Go 'Noles !!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a notification card in the mail from a local dealer. My inspection was done last month and my Jeep passed. The lift was no issue.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is coming up in a little over a month.

You have to track it yourself (so far I did).

The dealer told me in Feb 13 to bring it in this month. When I got there the other day they ran the vin and said no bring it back in a month. No big deal for me. I made them honor the warranty on the hinges being repainted while I was there. I am not their favorite customer. They know I will keep coming in till they honor the warranty. Plus I gave an honest survey reply and that got me a request from the owner to come talk to him.

I try not to disrespect anyone, but I told the owner, his mechanics suck. Long story behind that comment.

Good luck on your 5 year inspection.

Quick Reply: 5 year lifetime powertrain warranty inspection results