Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

6 speed & Electronic throttle

Old 05-25-2008, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be the only one that thinks it's fine. I have a BMW X3 and taking off in bmw's is a PITA. I traded in my porsche boxster on this JEEP and must say it shift as crisp and smooth as the porsche. I have had no problem taking off. The jeep is so quite though , I could see it being a problem if the radio's loud and your not looking at your RPM's.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

Its not stalling, i only stalled the jk the first 2 days but its not actually stalling, the jeep does not turn off, but its very close of stalling sometimes. I do start from second but sometimes on first it happenes too, but i don't remember stalling it completely other than the first 2 days.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What i have experanced with RubyDoo is that in off-raod situations she can easily be stalled if I do not eather let the clutch out really slowly or rev her up near 1000 rpm.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I stalled the Jeep several times when we got it. Then I had friends that were seasoned standard trans drivers and they looked at me funny when they stalled it. I laughed because I told my friend and his wife they would stall it and sure enough they did.

PROBLEM: To help emissions the vehicle slowly opens and closes the throttle to kill smog that may pass during rich fuel burn. This causes hesitation.

FIX ACTION: Hypertech Power Programmer. They dont advertise it but sure as the world, when I installed the REgular fuel perfromance program, the stutter was gone and throttle response was right where it should be.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi

I did this too...but now I just feather the go pedal. Everyone's driving style is different and all cars drive different, you will just have to get use to driving it that's all.

Quick Reply: 6 speed & Electronic throttle