Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

60k Service Question

Old 07-03-2019, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The 2013 DANA 30 has a Drain Plug also. I just looked mine over yesterday while we had it on the rack.
If you have a Limited Slip Rear Differential you might need to get the correct Additive to put in the grease. Or the correct grease for a Limited Slip Rear Differential. I need to research this out myself.
I would check for a local shop. Be knowledgeable about how to do the work. An example would be not over tightening the Oil Filter Cap. Tell the mechanic that the housing is easy to break and to just get the cap snug. I would round up all the fluids and bring them with me to the independent shop. This way you know the right lubricants were installed. I had my 2013 serviced yesterday. I brought the Oil and Air Filters, 6 Quarts of Oil, and I also had a couple quarts of ATF+4 Automatic Transmission fluid just incase anything needed topped off.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 07-03-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Quick Reply: 60k Service Question