Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ABS, Traction control Issue

Old 06-28-2020, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe I resolved the problem it was very simple but important. When I originally got the code for the LR WSS needing replacement (months ago) I changed it and then turned the jeep back on only to still see the ABS and Traction Control lights on. I then proceeded to cross check the sensor with the other wheel sensor as described above, leading me to believe that the sensor was working perfectly fine and there must be a more complicated issue somewhere else. The step I forgot was to clear the DTC codes with the scanner after replacing the wheel speed sensor. So even though the sensor was working the computer had the circuit flagged, disabling itself and making seem like problem persisted after I fixed the sensor. I took it for a test drive for about an hour and tested it at a range of speeds and driving conditions, as well testing it in 4 high and 4 low and the light never appeared and drove nicely.

Quick Reply: ABS, Traction control Issue