Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Acc Engine Ticking

Old 01-30-2019, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acc Engine Ticking

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, looking forward to getting more involved in Forums.

Question:
Does anyone else notice a ticking sound, very faint coming from the engine compartment when the key is in ACC position, as well as a clicking sound from engine compartment when first turning the key into ACC? I am not sure if this is normal, I never noticed it before.

Thanks for your input
Old 01-30-2019, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

The click sound I here when the key is first turned to ACC or RUN is a relay or two in the TIPM.

If you hear a constant ticking sound when the key is in ACC, see if you can trace it to the TIPM. If it is in the TIPM, remove the key and disconnect the battery negative cable for a minute. Reconnect it and see if you still hear the ticking with the key in ACC.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. The ticking does not seem to be coming from the TIPM, but its super super faint so its hard to trace... I will try disconnecting the negative wire just the same.

Quick Reply: Acc Engine Ticking