Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Adding DRL to LED headlights?

Old 03-16-2016, 03:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DKehler
You should be using an anti-flicker harness with LED headlights. ( One for each headlight ) If yours did not come with one you could buy them separately. Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : Anti-Flicker (PWM) Adaptor For 2007-2013 JeepĀ® JK I used the M7 fuse slot which I believe is for a rear power outlet ( which I don't have ) for my DRL. This fuse slot has 2 positions, 1 for ignition switched and 1 for constant on. I drilled a small hole in the plastic fuse box for the #18 wire and sealed it up with silicone.

That does not work for DRL. DRL is reduced pulsed voltage. The anti flicker is for when the lights are ON.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You are correct that the headlights use the harness and not the DRL. The DRLs are fed from a simple ignition switched non pulsed source. ( At least mine are. )

Last edited by DKehler; 03-16-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Adding DRL to LED headlights?