Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

adding power door locks (oem latches, oem wiring, viper 5701 alarm with remote start)

Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TechLife
OK. I'm officially confused. The post above states you only need the "Presenter" for each of the rear doors (68014962AA/68014963AA) but most treads on this topic list the "Latch" (4589023AI/4589048AI). So what is the difference?? I've googled it quite a bit but can't figure it out. I'm all for saving $$ but I want to do this right the first time and never have to worry about it again or need any additional parts.
Above is for Power locks/Latch...It's a All in One...Lock is Built into the Latch.......The Latch numbers you have are Manual Lock/Latch....
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for your patience with me. I really appreciate it. I think I almost understand. But just in case, before I order, one more time for the slow kid... Is this what I actually need to put power locks in all 4 doors and gate on a 09 with full doors?

4589277AJ - FRONT DOOR (Drivers)
4589276AJ - FRONT DOOR (Pass)
4589049AJ - REAR DOOR (Drivers)
4589048AJ - REAR DOOR (Pass)

4589023AJ - REAR GATE

Last edited by TechLife; 04-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for your patience with me. I really appreciate it. I think I almost understand. But just in case, before I order, one more time for the slow kid... Is this what I actually need to put power locks in all 4 doors on a 09 with full doors?

4589505AI - LATCH FRONT DOOR (Drivers)
4589276AJ - LATCH FRONT DOOR (Pass)
4589023AJ - LATCH REAR DOOR (Drivers)
4589048AJ - LATCH REAR DOOR (Pass)
LOL...trust me...it gets that way...lol...you are Installing a part from mopar that Mopar doesn't make for the Application you are doing...lol....
Those numbers are for Manual Locks for a Half Door....You will want to get the Full door Lock/Latches....

Have you every been to this parts Website, they have great Diagrams with better details...
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com....Top right corner, there is a place to put a part number in and hit enter...it takes you straight to that Part and you'll see other options etc....Plain Mopar parts websites do not give Part number info and these sites are great....If you enter one of those numbers , 4589505AI above then above the area of make and model Fitments, you will see small Diagrams..click on one and it will show you manual, power and whatever is available for the Door, Tailgate etc that you are working on....
Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for your patience with me. I really appreciate it. I think I almost understand. But just in case, before I order, one more time for the slow kid... Is this what I actually need to put power locks in all 4 doors on a 09 with full doors?

4589277AI - FRONT DOOR (Drivers)

4589023AJ - REAR GATE
See if this takes you to the Page with all Lock/latch options..
Rear Door, Hardware Components, Full Door. Fits: WRANGLER 3.8L V6 SMPI, 4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans 70TH ANNIVERSARY, WRANGLER 3.8L V6 SMPI, 6-Speed Manual NSG370 70TH... | FACTORY CHRYSLER PARTS
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

4589277AI - FRONT DOOR (Drivers)

4589023AJ - REAR GATE
See I'm getting Confused, reading back and forth with these long part numbers and matching them.......lol....Only thing to remember is if the 2 letters are the only difference between p/n's you look at, they are the same part and will work....example: AA...AB...AC...AD....etc....It's called Superceded and just means a minor change, adjustment, color etc, But will fit Exact...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it. That site makes a lot more sense. I'll take a look at it more tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it. That site makes a lot more sense. I'll take a look at it more tomorrow.
Very Welcome....Hope I didn't Confuse more then Helped...LOL....Just Remember you are looking for Full Door parts and Not Half Door because it won't give any info for power if half door....Good Luck...Ask more if needed, Can send Build Sheets, Every part a Wrangler would take, to a Email address and wiring if needed....
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krynn

Remote start on a manual is possible... but none of the OEMs do it (that I know of) and none of the aftermarket kits recommend it. To be safe, the remote start systems verify that the vehicle is not in gear. The problem is that the manual transmission on our Jeep doesn't have a way to report which gear it's in, or if it's in neutral. You'd have to bypass the clutch start switch, and then be sure that you _never_ left your transmission in gear when you parked your Jeep. So to avoid lawsuits, the aftermarket manufacturers are pretty strenuous about this being a bad idea for a manual transmission.
I know this is really late, but I just came across it. I think the manual vehicle also needs a switch in the parking brake cat to ensure the brake is set as well

Go 'Noles !!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
Very Welcome....Hope I didn't Confuse more then Helped...LOL....Just Remember you are looking for Full Door parts and Not Half Door because it won't give any info for power if half door....Good Luck...Ask more if needed, Can send Build Sheets, Every part a Wrangler would take, to a Email address and wiring if needed....
No, that was a big help actually. I got it all figured out except for the harness for the tailgate. I can find a picture of it but not a part number...
Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

No, that was a big help actually. I got it all figured out except for the harness for the tailgate. I can find a picture of it but not a part number...

LATCH-DOOR-SWINGGATE (POWER LOCKS) - BLACK (BODY) 4 WAY

Mopar Package #: Not Available

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH="class: cav"]Cav[/TH]
[TH="class: circuit"]Circuit[/TH]
[TH="class: gauge"]Gauge[/TH]
[TH="class: color"]Color[/TH]
[TH="class: function"]Function[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]P306[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]18[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]LG/WT[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]SWINGGATE UNLOCK DRIVER[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]P304[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]18[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]LG/DB[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]SWINGGATE LOCK DRIVER[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]G78[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]20[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]VT/OR[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]SWINGGATE AJAR SWITCH SENSE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cav"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: circuit"]Z912[/TD]
[TD="class: gauge"]20[/TD]
[TD="class: color"]BK[/TD]
[TD="class: function"]GROUND[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quick Reply: adding power door locks (oem latches, oem wiring, viper 5701 alarm with remote start)