Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

After 4 years found the buzz rattle

Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up After 4 years found the buzz rattle

My 2007 Rubi Unlimited manual has had a buzz rattle in 1st and 2nd between 1000 and 2000 rpm--I've checked the clutch line at the heat shield, not solved--I've checked the welds under the jeep at the crossovers, nothing--yesterday I removed metal filler plate between the hood and the base of the windshield which covers the wiper motor and arms and also serves as the cabin intake air--first, remove the wiper arms by unsnapping the cover at the base of the arms then remove the nut which holds the arm secure and carefully remove the arm--second, remove the four small torq bolts on each side of the jeep--third, remove the four plastic push holders located in the vent screen--fourth, carefully remove the metal plate, what remains is the plastic screen which keeps debris and leaves from entring the cabin intake and is over the wiper motor--fifth, remove two plastic push holders at the feet of the front of the screen, these feet sit on bare metal and showed evidence of rubbing on the metal--sixth, I cut an innertube to match the dimensions of the foot and cut a hole for the fastener put the rubber under each foot and replaced the fastners (the back side of the screen snaps into slots at the base of the windshield and is flexible enough to place into the slots after the fastners are in place)--replace everything in reverse--takes about 30 minues--first drive, rattle is gone, after four years, and remains quiet--

Last edited by crwood1; 01-06-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: one week and still quiet, on rattles anywhere--
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Find!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had your dedication. Nice job on the fix.

Quick Reply: After 4 years found the buzz rattle