Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alarm going off

Old 07-24-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm going off

When I use my key to unlock the doors, the alarm goes off. Anyone have similar issue and fix? it's annoying when the auto-locks don't work and I have to use the key.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that's the alarm. I believe if you lock it with the door lock and not the key it won't set. (don't quote me on that since I'm working on 2hrs of sleep and just got off work!)I'm sure there is a series of dances, key presses and honking of the vehicles horn that will disable it completely but I haven't found it.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine's the same...

the alarm also goes off if i lock my i-phone inside the jeep...
it doesn't have to ring...just be there...
connecting with the network i guess.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

If you lock the vehicle with either the (wireless) key fob or the electric door switch--and subsequently try to open the door with just the key--the alarm will go off every time. (At least that's the way my wife's '08 Chrysler works. I'm afraid to actually test this theory on the '11 JKU...lol.)

Quick Reply: Alarm going off