Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Annoying F'ing *squeak*

Old 09-19-2007, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taschult2
I had an annoying squeek/high pitched rattle on the passenger side and it turned out to be a zipper from one of hte roll bar coverings hitting the metal roll bar. I was about to loose my mind before I finally figured it out. I tried the door latch, tore apart the side panel, tighted every bolt I could find and all it was was a darn zipper rattle.
I could have my music blaring and I'd still hear that damn squeak....I hope its gone now
Old 11-17-2007, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rear seat squeak.

Hello All:

I have that annoying squeak and it is driving me to drink. I have removed all of the bolts/nuts that hold down the seat, and greased the latches. The squeak stops when I reach back and hold one of the verticle bars on the pass side. I am having the worst time trying to track this particular squeak down. If you guys have any other words of wisdom, please let me know. \

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

I had that same annoying squeak passenger side rear seat, The Silver latch is the culprit grease it and it will go away... took me a while to find i and the garage couldn't find it, what do we expect bunch of monkeys working there...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crossbones
I had that same annoying squeak passenger side rear seat, The Silver latch is the culprit grease it and it will go away... took me a while to find i and the garage couldn't find it, what do we expect bunch of monkeys working there...

hey, can u be more specific where to grease? i have it booked for ANOTHER recall next week, and was gonna tell them to fix the f'ing thing AGAIN

Quick Reply: Annoying F'ing *squeak*