Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto dimming mirror and map lights

Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto dimming mirror and map lights

Just curious if anyone has had problems with the auto dimming mirror and map lights on the 2013 or if I'm just missing something. The second day driving it, I noticed the map lights wouldn't turn on when driving about 70mph. Then tonight driving home I noticed the green light wasn't on and of course the map lights wouldn't turn on. Like I said before am I just missing something or should I be calling the dealership for an appointment? Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

I just got my wifes 13 model on Friday. In messign around i found the MIDDLE button on the mirror turns the green light on and off ... could not find anything in the manual, and didnt have time to put the CD in the computer to try to figure out even what it does. I did not test to see if the lights did or did not work depending on if the green light was on. Pressing the middle button will turn the green light back on.

Sorry not much help, but jsut an observaion i encountered over the weekend.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far mine is working perfectly. I do know that the middle button is the power button for the auto-dimmer feature, which maybe also enables/disables the map lights. Not sure about that, but might be worth a try.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

off topic just a little but can the auto dimming mirror be added to a 2012? cant be much more than running a wire to a power spot? Thanks Mark
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markbento
off topic just a little but can the auto dimming mirror be added to a 2012? cant be much more than running a wire to a power spot? Thanks Mark
I have added auto dimming mirrors to several vehicles, you can find them with all kinds of other options on Amazon.com. I've though about adding one to my 2012, and the only thing I see that will need to be done is notch the plastic trim piece above the mirror for the wires, it fits pretty snug to the windshield.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirkle
So far mine is working perfectly. I do know that the middle button is the power button for the auto-dimmer feature, which maybe also enables/disables the map lights. Not sure about that, but might be worth a try.
I have tried to push the button to turn it on and still nothing.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by olsonn

I have tried to push the button to turn it on and still nothing.
Hold it for a bit

Quick Reply: Auto dimming mirror and map lights