Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto mis shift

Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto mis shift

Automatic mis-shift, that is the only way I can explain it. Over the past few months when going down hill on (with in minutes of initial start of the day) the Jeep bulks like a manual missing the gear (I have auto) or getting ready to stall out. Until yesterday it would do this only once than I would not hear from it again until a week or two later. Yesterday it did it twice within seconds of each other. Any ideas I hate going to the stealer.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Infamous torque converter shudder. Lots of threads on this. Mine does it too. Can have the dealer reflash the PCM, makes it a little better, but it will never completely go away. I have learned to live with mine. They say you can also press to have the TC replaced under warranty, but once the new TC is broke in it will shudder again. Hope this helps!!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like I said on the other board, I have read all those threads on this boards and others. I don't have the issues most people talk about. I have no vibrations all my shifts are good and she drives how I expect her to. Just every once in a while it jerks (if thats the word) for less than a second, than it doesn't happen again for a week or two.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by element981
Automatic mis-shift, that is the only way I can explain it. Over the past few months when going down hill on (with in minutes of initial start of the day) the Jeep bulks like a manual missing the gear (I have auto) or getting ready to stall out. Until yesterday it would do this only once than I would not hear from it again until a week or two later. Yesterday it did it twice within seconds of each other. Any ideas I hate going to the stealer.
I've never experienced it in our JK thank goodness, however I've read enough posts on this board, and a few others. In addition, I know someone who had this issue, and I was riding with him when it happened. It had kinda like a vibration then it was like a stalling of speed or slipping of the X-mission, then some vibration then it caught, and it was like after the X-mission caught up, on we went. When it happened I believed it was in first gear and felt like it was ready to shift to second.
I'll tell you like I told him. Get it to the dealer. Bitch, moan, and sing the blues. Have them ride with you and hope it happens again, but if it doesn't, have them do the flash anyway, cause it should not be doing that.

Quick Reply: Auto mis shift