Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Auto Transmission stuck in park

Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Transmission stuck in park

2007 65,000 miles- jeep is stuck in park. The shifter does move into gear but does not feel right. The dash gage indicates that the car is in park. Feels as if the shifter is just sliding back and forth. I believe it's a faulty linkage of some kind. I am hoping someone has had this issue and found the point of failure. Thank you
Is there a write up on removing the console?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Had this same problem '07 jeep at around 70k. Towed the jeep to my dealer. You are right, faulty linkage connecting the auto transmission to the shifter was the culprit. Cheap fix. Actually they fixed it for free because they "had never seen this before."
Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wakeboarder2MD
Had this same problem '07 jeep at around 70k. Towed the jeep to my dealer. You are right, faulty linkage connecting the auto transmission to the shifter was the culprit. Cheap fix. Actually they fixed it for free because they "had never seen this before."
Thank you! Do you know if it was under the jeep or in the console? I'm thinking to rip out the console and take a look
Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stpetekev
2007 65,000 miles- jeep is stuck in park. The shifter does move into gear but does not feel right. The dash gage indicates that the car is in park. Feels as if the shifter is just sliding back and forth. I believe it's a faulty linkage of some kind. I am hoping someone has had this issue and found the point of failure. Thank you
Is there a write up on removing the console?
It was a blue plastic nut located under the jeep above the exhaust. Hope to order it tomorrow
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome.

You should post some pics if you got any for future reference.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wakeboarder2MD
Awesome.

You should post some pics if you got any for future reference.
x2 on the pics. And a part number, too. I hate being stuck somewhere and needing a tow because of a $2 part, so I like to carry spares of stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Auto Transmission stuck in park