Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ax and hi lift jack mount??

Old 02-11-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ax and hi lift jack mount??

I am buying a hi lift jack and a firemans ax to put on my jeep, does anybody have pictures if mounts for these things? I haven't found any yet so I just wanted to see what you guys have
Old 02-11-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Woods at Jeepswag.com. Sells a stealth hi-lift mount and some accessory bars that utilize quick fists to mount an axe and shovel to your hi-lift.

Dominion OffRoad Accessory Bars / Quick Fists Combo Deal | JeepSWAG

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Mount Kit | JeepSWAG
Old 02-12-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

The need for a High Lift Jack is obvious but I've never needed an axe while off-roading. A shovel is a very useful tool so I'd swap the axe for a nice shovel, it'll come in much handier. I know it looks cool to have an axe hanging on the Jeep but it's just not going to be used very often.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 5150cliff
The need for a High Lift Jack is obvious but I've never needed an axe while off-roading. A shovel is a very useful tool so I'd swap the axe for a nice shovel, it'll come in much handier. I know it looks cool to have an axe hanging on the Jeep but it's just not going to be used very often.
I've had to pull out my axe many times for a fallen tree across the trail. In fact now I leave my axe at home and carry my chainsaw strapped down in the back.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Havent needed a shovel or highlift yet but have used axes and chain saws from fallen trees

Quick Reply: Ax and hi lift jack mount??