Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Body to frame bolts.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Body to frame bolts.

I saw a video showing body removal from the frame for an older JK. Mine seems to be different. Did they change the way the body is bolted to the frame in 2015, or maybe earlier?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up the video from Teraflex or any of the installation instructions for a body lift to show you where the mounts are. Pretty sure the only difference over the years is between the 2dr and the 4dr. The JK has 10 mounts while the JKU has 12.

What are you seeing that seems different on your JK? Is something not separating?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uf126
Look up the video from Teraflex or any of the installation instructions for a body lift to show you where the mounts are. Pretty sure the only difference over the years is between the 2dr and the 4dr. The JK has 10 mounts while the JKU has 12.

What are you seeing that seems different on your JK? Is something not separating?
In the video the bolt heads appear to be in the body, and the nuts appear to be on the bottom of the frame. In my 2015 (after a frame replacement) the bolt heads are under the frame. I don't know if that was something the body shop did, or something new in JKs. The body shop claims it is stock Jeep, but I wonder

Last edited by 16FW; 02-14-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

My 2012 has the bolts drop out of the bottom with captive nuts in the body somewhere. I've never seen them reversed

Quick Reply: Body to frame bolts.