Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Brake Pads That Don't Squeak

Old 08-23-2016, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgregg108
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I went for the Wagner Thermoquiet pads and they're great! Only a couple squeaks and I think it's from the Break-in period / deglazing of the rotors. I got them at O'Reily's vs of online, my schedule this week didn't allow for mail order and I'm going wheeling this coming weekend. Got a little screwed on the price but at least the job is done and the brakes don't squeak anymore.
forgot to mention that I used the brake pad grease and that probably helped, too.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
ive used wagner thermo quiets on just about every vehicle ive owned and had really good luck with them.
The Wagner Thermo Quiets are quiet and don't have a lot dust. They also work great.

Ed
Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put the teraflex big brake kit front and rear. They come with semi metallic pads. They squeaked like crazy for me. No amount of anti-squeal goo and grease got them to stop.

I then bought the ebc green pads front and rear and they work flawlessly.

By the way, the fronts of the big brake kit are from a 2014ish ram 1500 series.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads That Don't Squeak