Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Broken axle question please help!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Dana 30 axel Northridge took off of Wayoflife's Nemo when the Daynatrac axel was put on. Check and see if that is still around. You might be able to pick that up cheep. Although the insurance route sounds better.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welding a plate over the hole would be a last resort. Hopefully you have the insurance to cover it...most insurance companies have the "uninsured policies" so when someone runs you off the road and leaves you are still covered. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Could you pin this on the car that slid?

Personally, I may have let the car hit me if it was coming into my lane. The Jeep would come out on top in a fight with a car, and the insurance increase wouldn't be on me.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Once you get your new axle purchase some axle sleeves and gussets right away and install them.

It seams this issue is rearing its head more and more..... I am so glad I installed the Teraflex axle sleeves and gussets on our JK.
What's average cost for Axel sleeves and gussets? I assume you should do both front n back also?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insurance should cover this and as some have already said with your new baby I wouldn't recommend anything short of the best possible repair. You never realize how fast 60 mph is until something goes wrong at that speed with a baby in the car

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

SOON!! I will be apart of this thread!!! Very Soon!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

What I don't understand is from the picture what exactly caused the break? Was the sidewalk like a foot high or something? It seems like a freaky thing to have happen esp having the oil filter get damaged at the same time. That is crazy bad luck man I am sorry to hear about this.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default dana 60 is realy not needed

unless your serious off roader in this case I doubt it , just due to he fact he drives a baby in this vehicle
id put a stock one back in and use the rest of the cash on things for the baby probably

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-29-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Broken axle question please help!!!!