Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Build Sheet Info - Easy

Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build Sheet Info - Easy

Hey guys, so i wanted to verify that i had 4.10 gears in my 2014 JK Rubicon, bought it used so i was not 100% sure. And i'm sure there a some others that want to verify what you have without opening up the diff, or verify before you buy. So just follow the link below, fill in the info and you will be one on one chatting with Chrysler customer service in no time. You will need the last 8 of the vin and they can just email your build sheet or just tell you in chat what you want to know. So yeah, i thought this was good info to share. Some say you have to go to the dealership for this, you don't actually have to do that, and in some cases you can't.

https://chrysler.custhelp.com/app/ch...quest_source/7

Peace
Old 08-11-2016, 12:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Why not just go to the main jeep website and have it spit out your info?

Jeep.com - Owners - Contact Us - on the left side, under 'Your Vehicle' is a link for Equipment Listing. Enter your VIN and there ya go...
Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 AM
eok
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

Jeep.com - Owners - Contact Us - on the left side, under 'Your Vehicle' is a link for Equipment Listing. Enter your VIN and there ya go...
I just did it on my phone. I have been trying for weeks to get a build sheet. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum eok.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think that works, what is the link to what you are talking about?
Old 08-11-2016, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Works for me, and apparently it worked for eok.

From the main jeep.com website, click on the Owners link at the top middle. Then click on the Contact Us link on the top right. Then on the left side of the page, in the Your Vehicle area, is a link for Equipment Listing. Click it, enter your VIN, click search, there's the build sheet for my VIN. No clue if it does or does not work for all vehicles, but it does for me...
Old 08-11-2016, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

From the main jeep.com website, click on the Owners link at the top middle. Then click on the Contact Us link on the top right. Then on the left side of the page, in the Your Vehicle area, is a link for Equipment Listing. Click it, enter your VIN, click search, there's the build sheet for my VIN. No clue if it does or does not work for all vehicles, but it does for me...
Cool, that works too. I just didnt see anything like that just going to the jeep.com site, you have to navigate your way there. But good info, i was just trying to spread the word for those that run into my issue. Thanks u
Old 08-11-2016, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

IC you have 10k posts.. any chance you know the torque specs for the stock rear tire carrier to the tailgate? I was using between 15 and 20 ft lbs, but still not sure if i should go tighter.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
IC you have 10k posts.. any chance you know the torque specs for the stock rear tire carrier to the tailgate? I was using between 15 and 20 ft lbs, but still not sure if i should go tighter.
I might have overlooked it or it may not be listed but here is a good resource for torque specs: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-settings#body
Old 08-11-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
I might have overlooked it or it may not be listed but here is a good resource for torque specs: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-settings#body

Yeah i looked there, it is not listed. Idk ive looked everywhere. But it looks like its being mounted into sheet metal so i don't think i will torque it much. Like i said i was around 15 ft lbs and that felt pretty good. Another guy said 10 ft lbs.. that sounded pretty reasonable too.

thank you for the help btw

Quick Reply: Build Sheet Info - Easy