Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Can the dealership turn on the DRL?

Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the dealership turn on the DRL?

I took my 2012 Wrangler to the dealership to have the daytime running lights turned on. I've been successful with the same request on the last 2 Chrysler vehicles (RAM, Challenger). On those the technician used the Starscan to "Enable" the DRL but in one case I had to take them the specific menu sequence because they'd never done it before.

The Wrangler dealer was not able to turn on the DRL and said it wasn't possible because it was not an option for it. Personally I'm not so sure and I think maybe they just didn't know how to do it.

Has anybody had their DRL's successfully enabled by their dealer? Especially a 2012.

I found the following menu sequence listed on a RAM truck forum to enable the DRL's and I believe it might work on the Wrangler but I don't know for sure.

From Starscan main menu...
ECM View, then
TIPMGCW, then
MISC OPTIONS, then
DRL ENABLE, then
follow the directions on the screen

If anybody could confirm that menu sequence or provide alternative instructions for the dealership I'm all ears. This is not a thread about the pros/cons of DRL - I've already decided I want them. All I want to know is whether a dealer can turn them on or whether I have to buy a Procal. I would rather have the dealer do it since it would be cheaper than the Procal and eliminate any "programming mods" if I needed warranty work in the future.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be some way to turn it on, cause they ship from the factory with it on in Canada

And the AEV Procal can enable and change the DRL function
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Dale,

Which model of JK do you have? Automatic DRL's only come on the Sahara and Rubicon. Otherwise, there really isn't a way for them to be automatic, I don't believe (don't hold me to that, I haven't tried, I just know that option isn't on the lower-level JK's such as my own).
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default DRL's

DRL (daylight running Lights) can easily be programed with a AEV Procal module. I also can reprogram a assortment of other things on your Jeep. Find a friend that has one or go to AEV's website and get your own for $150.00, you wont be sorry you did.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gforce!
Dale,

Which model of JK do you have? Automatic DRL's only come on the Sahara and Rubicon. Otherwise, there really isn't a way for them to be automatic, I don't believe (don't hold me to that, I haven't tried, I just know that option isn't on the lower-level JK's such as my own).
The lower models do have the ability to have dlr's I have a sport & I have dlr's u turned mine on with the aev procal. The procal is worth the money there's alot of stuff you can program with them & I don't think some of the stuff will hurt your warranty ie:( dlr's, correcting speedo, high idle for winch) then there are some that may but you'll be voiding the warranty ie:(gear change) but you'll void your warranty before when you change your gears. I don't know if turning down the tmps will void anything but its nice to have when aired down or running lower pressure just so you know your getting a flat before its to late. So I say get a procal.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by Murder¹
The lower models do have the ability to have dlr's I have a sport & I have dlr's u turned mine on with the aev procal. The procal is worth the money there's alot of stuff you can program with them & I don't think some of the stuff will hurt your warranty ie:( dlr's, correcting speedo, high idle for winch) then there are some that may but you'll be voiding the warranty ie:(gear change) but you'll void your warranty before when you change your gears. I don't know if turning down the tmps will void anything but its nice to have when aired down or running lower pressure just so you know your getting a flat before its to late. So I say get a procal.
That's good stuff, thanks for the correction!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

On the jks what are the drls. I have an 09 jku rubicon and I don't have any drls on? But is it the headlights that would be them or the amber parking lights idk?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

daytime running lights
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know that their the day time running lights lol. I was asking what they were because some do the headlights. Like some car company's do the parking amber lights. Some others do the high beams at a low watt. All car company's are diff with their drls
Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know about what the dealer will do but with the procal you can program it to run headlights normals high beams low watts I think or the fogs

Quick Reply: Can the dealership turn on the DRL?