Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cleaning the plastic fenders

Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

'Forever Black', automotive specific black plastic dye.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22

Water displacement 40th attempt would work .... But I'm not sure if it's corrosive to plastic ?

I use meguiars ultimate Black ... Can be found at wal-mart & I'm sure everywhere ... I use it a lot ! I'm OCD about the fenders fading ..... So can't really tell ya how long it lasts because I have no other life than continuous applying it ! ; )
Been using it for a year works just fine, I get it free otherwise I'm sure id be using something else, but it is cheap and it does work
Old 01-09-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to Black works very well for me, except for where gas spills on the fender and rear bumper. For gas spots, it takes several applications, but even that eventually will come out.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use tire foam. Any brand, the cheaper the better. Spray it on and scrub with a soft bristle brush and wipe off excess with a cloth. The fenders look brand new.

Quick Reply: Cleaning the plastic fenders