Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch Disc Squeal TSB

Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Disc Squeal TSB

Has anyone successfully had the Clutch Disc Squeal TSB done after the clutch warranty had expired. Mine only started doing it after the 12,000 mile clutch warranty had expired and at that time there was no TSB for it and from everything I had read no one had had any real success in getting it fixed anyway. I didn't want to waste time with the stealership f__ing things up further searching for a problem they had no solution to. Anyway, now I see that there is a TSB out that addresses the problem and actually corrects it. The vehicle is still covered under warranty just the clutch no longer falls under it's lame @$$ warranty. My thought is that now that there is a TSB out that addresses the problem that is an admission on their side that it needs to be fixed regardless of what the warranty says. Just wondering what success people had and what kind of uphill battle I'm in for. Hopefully I'm not opening a can of worms with this thread, I don't really give a crap about all of those who had the work done and it still didn't fix the problem, b/c for every one of you there is someone else who did get the problem fixed with this TSB. Also I am really only interested in those who were successful in getting it fixed under the terms of the warranty even though the clutch was no longer covered. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

My clutch warranty had expired.. they never even mentioned it.. I think if you've been complaining about the squeak long before your warranty expired your ok..
Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I hope for everyone else that I'm the only one, but I had mine done and noticed it squeeking again last week. It has been just over 1500 miles since that was performed and I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back in.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benny
Well I hope for everyone else that I'm the only one, but I had mine done and noticed it squeeking again last week. It has been just over 1500 miles since that was performed and I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back in.
me 2 it's back...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Clutch Disc squeal

I bought my 2007 JK used in January 2008 from the dealer who sold it new in Oct 2006, dealer is fixing mine, 13,600 miles on it when I told them about it. parts are ordered, waiting for a loaner car from them...no charge to me.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
JK Super Freak

The TSB says "all JKs manufactured before Feb 28 2008". I'm wondering where the dealerships get their parts. The same place as the manufacturer? The same manufacturer that knows it will be putting in defective parts for the next 2 weeks? and for the last 3.5 months?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well all I can say is that the defective parts will eventually run out. That leaves only parts that actually last.............................................. I think
Old 02-15-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got mine back yesterday for a squel out of the clutch. they put in a new throwout bearing and clutch. fixed the noise, and the clutch actually feels better! it isn t as hard to push and it seems to grab much harder now. this morning some old lady was in front of me and as she went i came out around her (didn t touch the clutch to rev up engine) and hammered it and it lit the tires up! wouldn t do that before. maybe it is just me and now that my jk has over a 1000 miles maybe the engine is starting to wake up a little. we will see if it lasts, and the squel comes back.

oh plan on your jeep being down for a couple days. my brother inlaw knows a guy who runs service pretty good. and got him to ride their a$$e$ to get it done for my wedding yesterday. went in monday night so they didn t start till tuesday.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
JK Newbie

i know i have the problem too, but the stealership in jax NC keeps telling me they cant hear it or its "mud in the hub." granted i have gone mudding, did get stuck, and got mud all up underneath it. didnt think it was possible to get mud that far in though...then again ive gotten mud on me in places im still scratching my head over...basically they're saying they wont fix it because they dnt see a problem. can i take it to an out of purchase state dealership after extensive cleaning, bring the TSB in and try to get it done there?

OORAH SEMPER FI "MOTOR T" IF U CANT TRUCK IT...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

Oh it's possible to get mud up that far. Mud & water have claimed a few jk clutches already. The problems associated with mud in the clutch run a little deeper than a squeal at second gear.

Quick Reply: Clutch Disc Squeal TSB