Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch problems, started after squeak fix!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems, started after squeak fix!

Alright, so I finally convinced my local dealership that the squeak coming from the clutch when engaging was indeed from the clutch disk and not some transmission mount. Yesterday they replaced the disc and, of course, the squeal went away!! But that's when the high pitched squeak began! lol. Now, when driving or parked, with the engine running and the clutch pedal out, there is a slight "squeak squeak" noise. It goes away with the slightest touch to the pedal though, even 1/4" pushed in. I climbed underneath in the hopes of finding some loose linkage or something, but no dice.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?? My dealership mechanic is close to worthless and I dont want them messing with my Jeep again...

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tyler2786
Alright, so I finally convinced my local dealership that the squeak coming from the clutch when engaging was indeed from the clutch disk and not some transmission mount. Yesterday they replaced the disc and, of course, the squeal went away!! But that's when the high pitched squeak began! lol. Now, when driving or parked, with the engine running and the clutch pedal out, there is a slight "squeak squeak" noise. It goes away with the slightest touch to the pedal though, even 1/4" pushed in. I climbed underneath in the hopes of finding some loose linkage or something, but no dice.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?? My dealership mechanic is close to worthless and I dont want them messing with my Jeep again...

Thanks in advance!
Check the TSB thread, I beleive that is the throw out bearing.. good luck

edit: check here http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...ow-out-bearing
Old 02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crossbones
Check the TSB thread, I beleive that is the throw out bearing.. good luck

edit: check here http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...ow-out-bearing
x2...
Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Completely forgot about the TSB thread, even though that's where I originally got the other clutch one lol. Oh well, looks like I'll be headin back to those idiots tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

I had that, started at about 300 miles on odo, went to dealer, was given run around after I showed them the throw out bearing memo, they said they need to call to get prior approval to do the work. Brand new vehicle and they needed to get approval???? Well , thankfully it went away by itself after about 400 miles, I think it is the clutch fork which holds the bearing was not adjusted right and eventually the bearing which was hitting the clutch disc so slightly causes the squeak. It probably wore a little nitch in the disc and stopped.

Quick Reply: Clutch problems, started after squeak fix!