Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Coolant smell.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,832 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The price on Mopar radiators just went up not too long ago. I ordered one, it was backordered, and I checked back to see if they were in stock and noticed the prices had skyrocketed.
Cost as much as that Griffin now! What the heck. At least you don't have to buy a new cap for it.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Oddly enough, someone just had a different thread asking about "what top is this" that they just purchased. I dug and dug and boom, it was one of the first Bestop hardtops they made from back in '07. Since you asked, that is what I believe that top was. Looks exactly the same, and the hinge on the back window is the give away. Good for you for making them swap that out. You won that one.

Top of the coolant reservoir if need to, and keep an eye on it. If you're losing a little coolant over a few weeks, you likely have a pinhole in the rad. Takes 10-15 mins to yank the intake boot and airbox out, which then allows you to pull the fan shroud out and inspect the backside of the rad. Often those leaks are never big enough to let anything get to the ground before baking off. just keep that in mind if you keep seeing the resi level drop.
Thanks, and yes, a win I thought, much bigger back window, and gained defrost and a wiper.

Quick Reply: Coolant smell.