Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cracked exhaust manifold? Headers not made anymore?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked exhaust manifold? Headers not made anymore?

I have a 2008 unlimited rubicon. I recently re tuned my super chip flash paq to run in performance mode @ 91 octane. I think that due to the increase in exhaust temperatures I cracked my stock exhaust manifolds. I went to my local 4 wheel parts store earlier today to buy headers. I was promptly told that due to such problems with heat that all after market headers are no longer sold. he then told me that the 08 model was pretty much a p.o.s. Leaving extremly frustrated with no answers or a solution I checked my jp magazine....recommendation replacing manifolds with headers, or replacing with new manifolds, that in turn will just crack again. Sooooo, where do i go from here?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Junkie

try giving ROCKAUTO an online store a try. They carry pretty much everything stock plus a few extras at an extremely low price.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know RIPP makes headers and that they are the only ones (that I know of) that actually have power gains. The info is on their site: Jeep Wrangler JK Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats. This is the route I would go if one of my manifolds cracked. They do however cost more than just a replacement would be.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Checked rock auto, no dice. Those other headers are nice, but sooo spendy, probably going to have to do it though
Old 05-13-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

if you look up the OEM exhaust manifolds on mopar it will come up with a new part number. The reason is chrysler identified the issue of cracked manifolds and made a design change to them. if you get a new set and compare side by side to your cracked set you will see the diff in material thickness on the new set. I did mine two years ago and havent had a problem since.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found oem replacement manifolds on Quadratec left side is 74.99 and right side is 84.99
There are also some shorty headers on Quadratec too.
Jeep® Wrangler JK Exhaust Parts - Quadratec
Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Thx for all of the feedback you all. I greatly appreciate your assistance.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

So, my next question is if I go with shorty headers from jba should I go ceramic? should I just go with manifolds again? I hear that headers get so hot theyre melting plug wires.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Bumppidy bump bump
Old 05-13-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bimmer335

it was not your tune!!! the manifold bolts loosen then the vibration cracks em mine just cracked at 56,000 miles I went to the dealer and was told I am out of warranty so I then called chrysler which amazingly was very very pleasant I talked to my case manager Ryan and he replaced the manifold and my mygig navigation which shit the bed mind you I am 20,000 miles out of warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I should speak with chrysler myself. The dealership that I had spoke with was very vague on the subject and only told me that it would be almost 700 bucks to replace both manifolds. Labor inc. which I was just going to do the work myself. Now onto the headers. Anyone had issues after installing headers and melting wires?

Quick Reply: Cracked exhaust manifold? Headers not made anymore?