Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cranks but will not start

Old 03-08-2013, 01:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cranks but will not start

I was driving down PCH this morning Jeep running perfectly with a full tank of premium, I braked for a set of traffic lights, depressed the clutch and the JK stalled, I tried to restart it and it cranks fine but just won't start.

I did the usual things, raised my middle finger to the heavens and cursed Chrysler as you do LoL then disconnected the battery for 5 minutes reconnected it and still no start.

There are no error codes showing on the dash or on my scan gauge or Aeroforce gauge.

Before I start pulling off fuel lines to check for fuel pressure and removing the fuel tank to get at the pump and digging around looking for where the heck is the Crank position sensor is - I was hoping somebody had experienced a similar prob and could save me from hours of exploratory mechanics

On my radar of things to look at are (if no one posts up)
1. fuel pump fuse
2. Crank position sensor
3. crash sensor if it even has one
4. Fuel pump
5. fuel filter
6. spark
7. key fob security???
8. key fob battery
9. JK computer
10. Fuel blockage

I drive an 07 shorty manual with no engine mods.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Any symptoms before hand? Hard to start etc? Any dash lights on prior to dying?

Quick Reply: Cranks but will not start